Setting up Dropbox sync with multiple keychain files

Options
T_Will
T_Will
Community Member

When setting up Dropbox sync, and there are multiple keychain files, it might be useful to add a description of the dialog box in the screenshot. It took me a second to figure out why it was showing two keychain files. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f83mlwhpxkco63p/Photo Feb 12, 9 07 14 PM.jpg

Comments

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member
    Options

I was going to suggest the same thing. It's a little raw just showing a list of keychains and their locations. Easy enough to figure out, but makes it feel like I'm doing something very technical, which could be scary for not-so-technical users. Agilebits, make this screen beautiful and fun to use, please! :)

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Definitely a work in progress, guys. Thanks very much for your input!

• Mike Beasley
    Mike Beasley
    Community Member
    Options

My suggestion for this screen would actually be to show the Vault icons and labels from the Mac version in a grid or something to make it easier to figure out which is which. Really looking forward to seeing the completed version of this stuff!

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's exciting, isn't it? Fun to see new stuff get rolled out. Thanks for your enthusiasm!

• T_Will
    T_Will
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for listening to our whining Nik! ;-)

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Whining? Pshaw. We wouldn't be here without your love and enthusiasm. Can't thank you guys enough for your help.

• schellack
    schellack
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

I agree that it would be helpful to be told to pick a keychain. In my case, though, there are five, four of which look to be the same. I have no idea which one to pick:
    screenshot

I am also concerned that the last modified dates are not recent enough, as I've added or edited logins in the last few days.

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@schellack The default path is ~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain. In your screenshot, it looks like that's the last one on the list. The timestamp is the moment at which 1Password.agilekeychain was created or when a change was made to the master password. Items you've added or modified are individual files inside .agilekeychain and will have the right timestamp.

• schellack
    schellack
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply! I tried selecting that option from the list, but it then gives me this scary error: screenshot

By the way—the new loading indicator in the in-app browser is awesome!

This discussion has been closed.