"Action bar" problems galore! (OK, it's not that many, but there are a few)

Options
Mike Beasley
Mike Beasley
Community Member

A few problems with the new action bar. First off I want to say that I like what you've done with it. The big, tappable "Copy Password" button is great. I really love it. Unfortunately it suffers from a few problems.

The first issue is that there's no way to remove certain types of items from your favorites list anymore. With a login item you can always tap it and select "Remove from favorites" at the bottom of the details page, but for Secure Notes that option doesn't exist. Thus, adding a Secure Note (or a Software License, and I'd imagine some other types as well, though I haven't tried them all) to your favorites makes it impossible to remove without going through the Mac/iOS-stable version.

In fact, on Secure Notes and Software Licenses, the action bar is currently completely blank since there's no password to copy (which looks quite funny).

The second issue is that there's no quick shortcut to open a link in the 1Browser. Even though I didn't use that a whole lot, it was handy to have, especially since the 1Browser can't auto-complete bookmarked addresses like Safari, meaning you have to type the entire URL in by hand or paste it every time. Sure, you can tap the link from the details view, but sometimes that's not as quick. The location of that specific field on the detail view changes between items depending on what other info is saved, so muscle memory can't help with that. A quick swipe-and-tap is always the same gesture.

Lastly, a little visual feedback for copying passwords from the action bar would be nice. When I tap the "Copy Password" button, sometimes I miss the button and tap off of the action bar instead. That causes the bar to close and leaves me unsure of whether the password was copied or not. A few ideas for this would include a little "Password copied" popup at the top of the screen (non-modal, maybe where the staus bar is), maybe along with a sound and a short vibration. Just some way to let me know the action was successful.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the great feedback, Mike.

The first issue is that there's no way to remove certain types of items from your favorites list anymore.

It's a standard-iOS approach, now: tap Edit in the Favourites view, then tap to remove specific items.

• Mike Beasley
    Mike Beasley
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, I somehow missed the edit button completely. I guess that's what I get for reporting bugs at 5 AM haha. Thanks @nik.

This discussion has been closed.