1Password mini Preventing me from booting into Mountain Lion

Options
BiomedEngineer
BiomedEngineer
Community Member

This problem has been occurring for months and I think I've pinpointed the offending app.

One day when turning my Macbook Air on, the grey bootup screen would show, then you see the translucent grey circle busy icon. That then disappears and the system would hang there indefinitely. The mouse cursor would show the beachball spin, and stay that way. It refuses to load up the account icons so I can log in.

I would then have to do a force shut down by holding the power button, but the problem persists and the OS hangs. After dozens of restarts, it might work once in a while. But what ends up happening is I have to boot into safe mode.

I used Clean My Mac to selectively turn off/on each login items, and for the past few months, almost without exception, 1Password mini is the app that prevents my computer from booting. When I dont' let 1PW Mini boot up with the OS, I can log in fine. Then I have to manually start 1PW, then remember to use Clean My Mac to prevent it from automatically starting with the OS.

Another reason that convinces me it's 1PW mini is that the same thing happens on my Mac Mini. Same exact problem - I have to disable 1PW mini or else it will hang.

It's been aggravating and I need AB to prioritize this investigation. Here are some details of my system:

OS Mountain Lion 10.8.5
1PW Version 4.1.2 (412009)
Used to use Chrome, now using Opera (same problem occurs with either browsers)

Please let me know what other info I can provide to help with this issue.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BiomedEngineer,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your computer, that appears to be connected to 1Password -- that's certainly no fun! Let's take a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.