Dropbox Sync not in Sync

Options
Zach
Zach
Community Member

I use Dropbox to sync 1Password (Version 4.1.2 (412009)) between my Mac and iPhone. I recently added a new login as well as updated a second yet I cannot get the new password or change to sync to my iPhone. What's also strange is in the 1Password Mac app it shows i have 517 logins. On my iOS device it shows 516, yet if i browse to the 1Password anywhere webpage it shows the 516 item count. 1Password sync settings shows that it is syncing to my dropbox folder and the html file in there is the same folder i clicked on to see 516 count in the 1password anywhere file.

I've attempted uninstalling on my mac (removing related preferences files and other changes, including the 1password mini app) as well as iOS devices, copying the backup files off then doing a reinstall then restore to bring things back to working status.

Any other ideas what will help?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Zach

I'm sorry to hear your devices have seemingly fallen out of sync. Please try this for me:
    1) Add a secure note on the Mac
    2) Login to 1PasswordAnywhere and see if the note appears: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-1pa.html
    3) Add a secure note on the iPhone
    4) Login to 1PasswordAnywhere and see if the note appears.

This will tell us which device isn't syncing properly. The one who's note does not appear in 1PasswordAnywhere is the culprit, and then we can troubleshoot from there.

Thanks!

Ben

• Zach
    Zach
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

Thank you for the reply! I actually found this post and the steps there fixed my sync issue. I'm not exactly sure what was happening but everything seems to be syncing properly now.

Thanks!
    Zach

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're most welcome, @Zach, on Ben's behalf.

I'm great to hear Dropbox syncing is behaving properly now after resetting it. Thanks for following up to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.