Family license - I can't get 1Password to register

Options
mkellam2
mkellam2
Community Member

Hi,

I ordered a family license for 1Password this morning. I tried to add this license to my 1Password on my Mac, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. I checked to make sure my 1Password trial is updated. Then I downloaded the license file using the link that was sent to me but when I double clicked the file, the computer didn't know what to do with it. I told it to open with 1Password but it still didn't work.

I also tried to do it manually from 1Password>License>Enter License. It was unclear to me what the license number is so I tried using the number in the filename of the license file and when that failed I opened the file and tried entering the number from the "string" tags after License UUID into 1Password, but none of these things worked.

Can you please tell me how to do it? Thanks!

Michael

Comments

• Jasper
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi @mkellam2,

It sounds like you might have 1Password 3 installed on your computer, while your license is for the current version (1Password 4). In the menu bar, go to 1Password > About 1Password to check your version.

If you are using version 3 and would like to download 1Password 4, you can do so here:

AgileBits Downloads

Hope that helps! :)

• mkellam2
    mkellam2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper - Thank you. That was the problem. I didn't realize the trial was not version 4 and assumed since the updater said it was the most current version that it was version 4. I'm downloading now. Thanks again!

Michael

• You're welcome! Since 1Password 4 was a major upgrade (and a paid upgrade), version 3 won't perform the update in-app, it must be downloaded from AgileBits. :D

This discussion has been closed.