Saving and filling issues with EFTPS

Options
huffalumpy
huffalumpy
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Did anybody suddenly slam into a problem logging into EFTPS? I can't get 1P to properly store my login credentials, and it certainly doesn't fill them in, either. I can't tell if the site changed or if it's something in the new version of 1P and/or the browser plugin.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @huffalumpy,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble logging in to EFTPS. I was able to create a successful Login for the site here - https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/login/loginInitial - by following these instructions:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Please let me know how this works. :)

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

Here's what happens for me after following the procedure, above:
    1) The two-digit state prefix on the EIN ENTERs correctly, but it does not display in 1P.
    2) The 7-digit enterprise number (suffix) in the EIN enters correctly, and displays correctly in 1P
    3) The PIN enters correctly in EFTPS and shows correctly in 1P (1P puts it in a password field)
    4) The "internet password" field does not show in 1P. In EFTPS, 1P fills the PIN again.

This behavior is different than a week ago (2/11/2014), so something changed. A week ago I didn't have any issues.

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

And I should mention I'm running 1P Version 4.2.BETA-8 (420008) (OSX 10.9.1), and 1P plugin 4.2.0.b5 in FF 27.0.1. I also tried this in Safari and Chrome but no joy.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the detailed followup, @huffalumpy.

This behavior is different than a week ago (2/11/2014), so something changed. A week ago I didn't have any issues.

Changes in the beta extension may be responsible, as you speculated in your original post.

Here's how I got a successfully filling Login item for the Welcome To EFTPS - Login page:

• Manually entered information:

• Selected Save new Login in 1P mini preferences and created the item.

• Edited the item and clicked Show web form details.
    • Moved the key icon from the PIN field by selecting it for the password field:

• Saved change and tested filling. It works. :)

Version information:

• OS X: 10.9.1
    • 1Password: 4.2.BETA-8
    • Safari (7.0.1), (Chrome 32.0.1700.107), Firefox (27.0.1) extensions: 4.2.0.b6

I hope that helps you get a working item there, too. And be sure to install the 4.2.0.b6 extension update. :)

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that works, and when I checked FF a minute ago, it says I've got b6, now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @huffalumpy,

I'm glad to hear that @sjk's steps got you all sorted out - thanks for letting us know! If you run into any further snags, we're here for you :)

This discussion has been closed.