Not Auto Saving Username

Options
ferristhe2nd
ferristhe2nd
Community Member

New to the product, but so far the only thing I have used it for is to register for this forum. When I did, it only created a password item and not a "login" item. It also only saved the password that I generated and not the login that I used. I used an "identity" to fill in the application form and that all seemed to work fine, but the login is pretty useless with out the username attached.

Did I do something wrong? can this be changed?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi there, @ferristhe2nd.

I'm sorry you've had trouble getting a working Login item to use with this forum. After entering registration information and submitting the form, did a 1Password Save Login window like this pop up, offering to Save as new login?

Which web browser(s) are you using, and which versions of 1Password and its browser extension?

Can you please try manually saving a Login item for this forum on the Sign in screen and let me know if that works okay? See this guide for instructions:

Saving a new Login manually

Or, instead, if you still have the Password item that was originally saved you can first convert that to a Login item:

Then Edit that converted item and change its username to your forum Username or Email:

Give that new item a test and see if it works for you.

I think the problem you had may have only been temporary, caused by an intermittent issue with the forum that's currently being resolved. Certainly nothing you did wrong. :)

• ferristhe2nd
    ferristhe2nd
    Community Member
    Options

I am useing Firefox 27.0.

Version of the browser add-on is 4.1.0.

Saving a new login also does not work. I go to the sign in page, enter my information and click the gear icon in the browser plug-in. When I click on "Save New Login" nothing happens. No window pops up, nothing is created in the 1Password database.

I am also having a little trouble with the identity auto fill. I have my username set as ferristhe2nd in the identity, but when I use it to auto fill, it puts my full name instead.

If the problem is a temporary one with your own website, although I think that's really funny that the product can't be used with it's own help forum, feel free to give me a different website to try it with that you know works.

I really like how your program "should" work and would love to buy it if we can get it running. Thanks for the help.

• ferristhe2nd
    ferristhe2nd
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so don't laugh, please. I used all my IT training and restarted my computer and got it to work. Sorry.

I am still having the problem that the auto-fill is still entering my full name in the Username field instead of what I set: ferristhe2nd.

Thanks again.

• ferristhe2nd
    ferristhe2nd
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried this on other sites as well and it seems to always enter my full name.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @ferristhe2nd.

I'm glad to hear you've made progress through all of this. Let's figure out where your full name is coming from when autofilling.

When you select the Login item for this forum in 1Password and click the Show web form details button in the details pane it should looks something like this:

Do any of those web form fields have your full name? It would probably be the one with the head silhouette icon, which is Name in this example.

Similarly, you can check web form fields for other Login items for your full name. After you've found it anywhere we might be able to determine how it got there everywhere, certainly find a way to fix it, and hopefully prevent it from happening again.

This discussion has been closed.