Feature Request: Mail to 1Password

Options
SheAlsoComputes
SheAlsoComputes
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Any chance of getting a Service or something to automagically place an email receipt into 1Password?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's certainly an interesting idea! Thanks for mentioning this, @SheAlsoComputes. :)

One thing to keep in mind is that 1Password is not a hosted service. So there wouldn't be any way to send an email to an address and have it added automatically. We think there are huge benefits to not being a hosted service. (That way access to your data does not depend on our participation in any way; we could be abducted by aliens and you would still have your data securely stored and accessible.) However, that does mean some feature requests need to be adjusted a bit to take that into account.

What about the ability to drag and drop an email from Mail.app on your computer into 1Password?

For now, you can print any email to PDF and attach it as a file to any item in 1Password. You can attach any kind of file, so it is not limited to PDF. You can attach images and other documents as well. Whatever works best for you.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

• SheAlsoComputes
    SheAlsoComputes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Khad,
    Drag and drop would be great for when I want to attach the document. I'll use save to PDF for now. Everything else you said above makes sense so I think I'll just have to keep copying and pasting.
    Thanks again,
    SheAlsoComputes

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @SheAlsoComputes,

You're actually able to drag and drop from Mail already! :)

Just edit an item in 1Password, and then drag a message or attachment from mail:

I hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.