Password generator

Options
zharry
zharry
Community Member

Password generator not filling. Worked before all of the updates. Also, cannot login to Vanguard. Must now manually enter. Things are getting worst , not better. harry

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zharry,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the password generator. Could you please tell me what version of 1Password you are currently using? I'd also love to know your operating system, and the version number of the extension. (You can find the extension version in the extension section of your browser's settings.)

Is this issue happening with all sites? Or are there a few (like Vanguard) that have been acting up lately?

For Vanguard in particular, I recommend creating a new Login using these steps for Bank of America, another 2-page Login. It's been proven to work for many users, and I hope it helps you too!

• zharry
    zharry
    Community Member
    Options

When I follow the Bank of America example, 1PW does not save a New PW. I changed the name after saving the ID then edited in the password as directed. In fact, non of the new passwords that I tried to save are there. Harry

• zharry
    zharry
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot, I am using version 4.2 beta-8. Harry

• zharry
    zharry
    Community Member
    Options

See above. Harry

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Harry ( @zharry),

Which web browser and version of the 1Password 4 extension are you using that's having these issues? Is this the Vanguard page you're starting from?

Personal Investors Homepage | Vanguard
    https://investor.vanguard.com/home/

Thanks for that additional info to help figure out and fix the problem!

• zharry
    zharry
    Community Member
    Options

Using Safari, downloaded the 1PW mini today (do not know how to see version) and the URL I am using for Vanguard is "personal.vanguard.com/us/hnwnesc/PM Login.. Hope this helps. Harry

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the URL, Harry ( @zharry ). That's helpful.

Here's how to find the version number of the 1Password extension for Safari:

• Open Safari.
    • Select Safari > Preferences… from the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab, select 1Password in the left sidebar, and look for its version number, e.g.:

• zharry
    zharry
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, the extension version is 4.2.0.b6 Harry

• zharry
    zharry
    Community Member
    Options

Now American Express will not fill. Harry

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, Harry ( @zharry ).

I'm sorry autofill is still giving you problems. Please make sure you've updated the 1Password extension to at least version 4.2.0.b7. Or download/install version 4.1.0 from the 1Password Extension page and see if it works reliably.

You can also try saving a new Login manually and testing that with any site that's troublesome with the latest beta or 4.1.0 extension.

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.