Unable to Register License

Options
alantoscano
alantoscano
Community Member

The automatic link in the license email doesn't work. OS X says there's no application associated with that type of URL (onepasswd://register/...).

If I choose License...Add License... from the 1Password menu, I'm asked to select a license file, but I don't have a license file, and there's no longer a download link for that in the email (as illustrated in the Support help).

How can I either get a license file to select, or associate 1Password with the onepasswd: URL?

Comments

• pneumann
    pneumann
    Community Member
    Options

I also am having the same problem entering a license into 1Password. The link does not work and the downloaded file also doesn't load. I cut and paste also what I think is the Key embedded in the file but to no avail. I had to download a legacy version 3.5 for OS 10.58 Is that the problem?

• grump430
    grump430
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem. When I click on add license I get a window with applications in it. 1Password is there but not highlighted. I have the license number but can't sort out how to enter it!!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alantoscano,

I've sent you a private message with your license information, please let me know if this helps :)

Hi @pneumann,

We've changed our licensing slightly in 1Password 4. If you are using 1Password 3 on a legacy OS, a 1Password 4 license will not work here. I've sent you a private message that should help you get all sorted out.

Hi @grump430,

Using the email address attached to your forum account, I was able to track down a license for 1Password 3 in our records. If you'd like to upgrade to 1Password 4, you are eligible for a discount! Simply enter your license code here: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade to see the discount on all AgileBits webstore products. :) If you think you already have a license for 1Password 4 under a different name or email address, please send me a private message with some alternate information to search, I'd be happy to help you track it down!

• emunji
    emunji
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I have the exact problem with alantoscano. My boss bought a family pack and i'm trying add the license to my mac but won't work exactly as describe by alantoscano. What information you need me to provide to quickly process this?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @emunji,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble adding the license to 1Password 4. Please give these steps a try:

1. Download the 1Password 4 License File. There's a link for it in the license information that was emailed to your boss.
    2. Run 1Password 4 and unlock it. Don't worry if it says it's an expired trial or anything else.
    3. Double-click the License File that you downloaded in step 1.
    4. 1Password 4 will process that file and add your license.

After you're past step 1, with the License File on your Mac where it'll be added to 1Password 4, the rest is easy. :)

If you still have any problem please let us know which step you're stuck at so we can give you more help. Thanks!

• ThatOliver
    ThatOliver
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

is the page http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Tutorials/apply-license.html out of date? It talks about a link to download the license file. My Customer Center page doesn't have that. There's only a link with onepasswd:// scheme to install the license... but it doesn't work.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Oliver

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello, @ThatOliver.

Yup, I can see that the Click here to automatically add your license isn't going to work for you. I'm sorry for that inconvenience.

Here's what you can do:

1. Visit your Customer Center page and look for the "Notes: …" text that looks like this:

2. Click the blue this guide link and it will open the Download Your 1Password License File page.

3. Click the big blue Download License File button on that page to download your 1Password 4 License File.
    4. Run 1Password 4 and unlock it. Don't worry if it says it's an expired trial or anything else.
    5. Double-click the License File that you downloaded in step 3.
    6. 1Password 4 will process that file and add your license.

And that should do it. Let us know if you have any issues with it or anything else. We're here to help. :)

• goughac
    goughac
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I've converted some friends to using 1Password and they bought the family Mac & Windows license. The email and indeed AgileBits site all provide a link begining onepasswd://register and nothing wants to open it let alone download a license file. Trying to associate the 1Password App didn't bring any joy either.

How should they get/apply their license?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @goughac,

I've merged your post with an existing discussion. Please see @sjk's post #8 above for a solution.

Let me know if that helps! :)

• robertknight
    robertknight
    Community Member
    Options

I just encountered all of the above myself. This made for a poor impression after just paying $70 for the app! One odd thing, the licence key link uses the scheme "onepasswd://register...". Looking at the Info.plist file for the app, the supported schemes listed are "onepassword", "onepasswordb", "onepassword4" etc. but not "onepasswd".

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robertknight,

I'm sorry that the 1Password license information you received has a Click here to automatically add your license link intended to work with 1Password 3. Have you been able to successfully download and add the license file for 1Password 4?

I've filed a bug report to address this specific problem, noting your comment (and others) as examples of its poor impression and inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.