Transferring V 3.x passwords to V.4.x

Options
dfelliott
dfelliott
Community Member

I cannot access my prior passwords from V3.x to V4.1.2 after upgrading.
I have been using 1Password V3.x for a couple of years. I upgraded to V 4.1.2, purchased from the MacApp store. I'm running OS 10.9.1. After installing V4.1.2 I was prompted as a previous user, to select my 1Password.agilekeychain file, which I did. It required my master password to open, but my master password would not open the file. So to work around this, I set up V4.1.2 as a new user. Is there anyway I can retrieve the passwords in my V3.x 1Password.agilekeychain file?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dfelliott,

I'm sorry to hear that your Master Password wouldn't unlock your 1Password keychain from 1Password 3 during the 1Password 4 upgrade. Is that keychain on your Mac or stored in Dropbox? If in Dropbox, do you have any other systems/devices syncing with it?

So we can take a closer look at the current state of 1Password on your Mac please send us a Diagnostics Report, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you get this sorted out. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.