password problem at startup

Options
henrylau
henrylau
Community Member

Cannot even start setup!

I just bought 1Password for my iMac from App Store. I started the program and entered my master password. I successfully entered it the second time. The next screen asked me to again enter the master password and it is being rejected as incorrect. I have tried it about 25 times with all the little errors I think I could have made. No luck.

Is there anything I can do or have I just lost my money?

iMac: Mavericks up to date.

Henry Lautz

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi, @henrylau.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Master Password to unlock 1Password 4. Please check that Caps Lock or Num Lock keys haven't been accidentally enabled. Also make sure that you're still entering the Master Password using the same keyboard layout as when you originally created it.

Are you trying to unlock 1Password data that's been previously stored in Dropbox or iCloud?

1Password automatically saves backups so you could check for one that you're able to restore and unlock. To do that, open the Preferences window and go to the Backup tab, select the backup to restore, then click the Restore button:

If you don't have a backup, or any 1Password data that needs to be saved, then you can reset 1Password 4 as a new user and create a new Master Password. See the starting over guide for instructions how to do that.

If you need further assistance with this we'll be here to help!

This discussion has been closed.