Have to unlock both app & safari extension [resolved; purged 1P4 helper running from Trash]

Options
ibarnett
ibarnett
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Hi,
I have looked all over but cannot find answer.
On my Mac Pro when I login in to the 1password app the Safari extension is ready to go (logged in).
However on my Macbook Air I have to login to both, i.e. I login to the app on startup, then when I go to use the Safari extension I have to login to that as well.
Have looked in preferences, FAQs & here.
What am I missing?
Both using Mavericks 10.9.1

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi @ibarnett,

I'm sorry you're having this "double-unlock" issue with 1Password on your MacBook Air. Which version of 1Password 4 are you currently using on that MBA? Have you ever used 1Password 3 or a different "edition" of 1Password 4 on it?

Please give this a try and let me know the result:

• Restart your MacBook Air.
    • Run 1Password 4 and unlock it.
    • Open the Preferences window and make sure Always keep 1Password mini running is enabled under the General tab:

• With the main 1P4 app still running, open 1Password mini by clicking its key icon in the system menu bar or using the keyboard shortcut (Command-Option-\ default).

At that point is 1Password mini locked or unlocked?

Thanks in advance for checking this!

• ibarnett
    ibarnett
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.
    Yes have done all that & 1Password mini is unlocked.
    Still have to login to the browser extension.
    I have twice uninstalled & re-installed the browser extension, no change.
    Can't remember what version, if any, previously run on the Air, which is a 2013 model.
    I may, however, have used "setup assistant" or cloned from CCC.
    Can't remember which, but didn't use clean install.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @ibarnett.

Here's how to find the version number of the 1Password extension for Safari:

• Open Safari.
    • Select Safari > Preferences… from the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab, select 1Password in the left sidebar, and look for its version number, e.g.:

If that shows you're running version 3.x (possibly 3.9.20) please uninstall it, then open the 1Password Extension page to download and install the version 4 extension for 1Password 4.

And if you're still stuck after that please send us a Diagnostics Report, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks!

• ibarnett
    ibarnett
    Community Member
    Options

Extension shows as above ^^^^^
    i.e. 1Password 4.1.0.
    As noted previously I have already uninstalled & reinstall extension.
    Maybe I should also uninstall & reinstall the App??
    I have sent report just now.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Got your email with the report, @ibarnett -- thanks!

I've already spotted the problem. 1Password 4 helper processes from the Mac App Store and Agile Website versions are both currently running. Since the Agile Website version is running from Trash you'll want to get rid of that one. Here are the steps:

• Quit 1Password 4 and any web browsers that have its extension installed.
    • Open Terminal.app (from the /Applications/Utilities folder) and run these four commands in its window (copying and pasting them, one at a time, is preferable):

launchctl stop 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper launchctl remove 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper defaults write com.agilebits.onepassword4 KeepHelperRunning 0 defaults write com.agilebits.onepassword4 ShowStatusItem 0

• Empty Trash.

• Restart your system.

After that 1Password locking/unlocking should be consistent with its main app, mini, and extension usage. Please let us know how it goes. :)

• ibarnett
    ibarnett
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again,
    Thanks oversoul, that did the trick, all fixed now!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi again, Ian. ( @ibarnett )

Thanks for letting us know your problem's been fixed. There had to be a conflicting something somewhere and the report you sent helped quickly determine exactly what and where that was. :)

This discussion has been closed.