Sync choice of 'iCloud' not offered, just 'folder'

Options
miniPPC
miniPPC
Community Member

I've just upgraded the OS on this computer to Mavericks. In 1Password 4 Preferences>Sync I'm only offered the choice of 'folder'. On my other computers I've been syncing 1Password with iCloud. I'm using version 4.1.3 and my license has been added to the program on this computer (it's not a trial version). I followed the instructions "sync with iCloud" on your web site to no avail. What's next?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @miniPPC,

It's unusual that you're only having the choice of folder syncing. What exactly do you see when opening the Sync tab in the Preferences window? With syncing disabled it should look something like this:

I followed the instructions "sync with iCloud" on your web site to no avail.

Since you only had the choice of folder syncing presumably you never had and got past this initial choice of syncing with iCloud?

Or am I misunderstanding and you got stuck further into the Sync with iCloud instructions?

Thanks in advance for the additional information!

• miniPPC
    miniPPC
    Community Member
    Options

When I open the tab "sync" in preferences I only see the folder, not the dropbox or iCloud options. When I clicked on "change syncing" it didn't give me additional sync options, only 'stop syncing'. I wasn't until while trying to place an image of what I was seeing into this reply to you that I noticed the light grey type notice, "You will be asked to disable syncing to choose a different sync option".
    Well... as soon as I disabled the sync with 'folder' I was given the choices of 'iCloud' & 'dropbox'. Now everything is just the way I want it.
    I'm sorry for wasting your time. It seems obvious now but I did spend a lot of time trying it again & again but never noticed that typed sentence in light grey. I guess I'm used to that being the font color choice for something that's not an active option.
    Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @miniPPC! I can certainly see how that font would not stand out. Perhaps we need to make an adjustment to the interface there. Glad to hear you got it working, in any event.

Thanks again!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.