Maybe I'm just really dim - I have NO idea how 1password works

Options
ButchVA
ButchVA
Community Member

I bought it, I've installed it, and I've tried to slog through the online tutorial, but I'm afraid I just don't get it. There are about 200 steps, and frankly I don't have time to spend learning something that's advertised as being really simple. And no phone support at all? Am I that dumb?

Am I wrong that 1password is supposed to automatically generate those ultra-secure random password strings for me? If so, I haven't seen how that happens yet.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi @ButchVA,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us — and thanks for purchasing 1Password! We certainly wouldn't call anyone dim who was smart enough to purchase 1Password. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble, but I'm sure we can get you up and running by taking it one step at a time.

It can be daunting to start out with any new app. That's one of the reasons we offer responsive support here on the forum, via email, and on Twitter. We are always here to help you. When you are a 1Password user, you are never alone. :)

Let's start with the basics. If you haven't installed the 1Password extension in your browser yet, let's do that first. The extension is what makes 1Password really helpful when browsing the web.

Select "Install Browser Extensions" from the 1Password application menu then follow the onscreen instructions.

Once you've done that, you should see a 1Password button in your browser's toolbar.

Can you confirm that you have the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar?

This discussion has been closed.