Web form details (V3) migration to Custom Fields (V4)

Options
noid
noid
Community Member

I have been using v3 on Mac and Windows for some time now. I have been creating custom fields via the editable web form details for security question answers. Now that I've upgraded to v4 (for Mac), the new custom fields feature has been added to provide this functionality.

1. Is there an easy way to port over data from the web form details fields I created in v3 to the new custom fields?
  2. How can I see this info on both v3 for Windows and v4 for Mac?

This is a HUGE issue as I don't know ANY of my security question answers, they are all random/complex/unique. I am willing to manually move info to the new custom fields, but I don't see how I will be able to access/view this info on my Windows machines. I know v4 is being worked on for Windows, but I need a fix now so that this data is first of all not lost and second, accessible from both versions.

I'd assume many people have utilized these fields in v3 for similar purposes. What's the point of a secure password if your security questions have weak answers.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @noid,

Unfortunately, the webform details were never meant to store information other than the details that 1Password needs to fill into the webforms on the site. (This is why we have added custom fields to 1Password 4 and hidden the webform details towards the bottom of the Login entry.) So I'm sorry to say that there is no easy way to move these over from one to the other.

To access this information on both your Windows and Mac machines right now, you might want to consider storing this data in Notes. Custom fields will be available in 1Password 4 for Windows so you are welcome to organize your information with custom fields now, but since we don't have any information on when that will be available, you can keep a copy of this information in the note field at the bottom of the entry. Your custom field organization will be nice and neat in Mac, and when 1Password 4 for Windows is released, you can just remove the notes and use only the custom fields.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member
    Options

OK, it should be as soon as possible again enabled to add form details. For example, Amazon AWS just changed their login page. That means I have to go and recreate >50 login items, because I can't add a simple field (which they now require). :-(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Thomas,

I see you've discovered @JasperP's workaround and I've tallied your "vote" for this, too. :)

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member
    Options

Highly appreciated. And thanks again for creating such a wonderful great tool. The last update was also a blast. Keep up your great work!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much for the kind words about 1Password. It's nice hearing that you're liking it and the updates. :)

This discussion has been closed.