Feature Request: Passport (and other) expiration reminders

TP18
TP18
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

passport expiry reminder. It would be cool to have that. As a reminder. Like the one that says your passwords are old. What happens to medical aid cards. Where can I put mine in? (European)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you are interested in this, @TP18‌! So far we've not included any calendaring features like reminders in 1Password, but we never say "never".

As for your medical cards, I have my own health insurance information stored in the "Membership" category. It works well for me since it has built-in fields for membership number, expiry date, and more. And, as with every item type in 1Password, you can even add your own custom sections and fields if you need more room. :)

• Michael Tennes
    Michael Tennes
    Community Member

I would be great to have some field for a passwords expiration date that would send a notification when it's about to expire. sos.gov passwords expire every six months and if you miss it, it's a REAL Pain in the *** to reset (requires snail mail).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Michael Tennes‌,

Thanks for this suggestion to send password expiration notifications. I've merged it with a similar topic and also updated the feature request in our tracker.

• Solipsism
    Solipsism
    Community Member

Inoculations/vaccinations (with expiry reminders) would be great. Right now I use 1Password's Secure Notes and Calendar for such info because the types and length vary too much to reasonably remember.

• Thanks for the feedback, @Solipsism! :)

• gabrielweyer
    gabrielweyer
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

I would love to have the ability to enforce a password expiration policy. For example I could set an expiration period (90 days) when creating a new password. 1Password is already helping us to create strong and unique passwords, it should also remind us to change them often (I'm using 1Password on Windows).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

I've tallied your vote for this, @gabrielweyer - thanks! :)

@MartyS posted a tip that you and others might find useful: here.

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

Password expiry would be extremely useful. The Audit feature is good as far as it goes, but I have very many old or entirely unimportant logins that create too many false (or at least irrelevant) positives in the various password-age categories ("1-3 years" etc), that I end up not using them.

At least for important logins (online banking etc), an expiry reminder would be invaluable.

• Thanks for the feedback, @crisbennett! I've added your vote for this feature. :)

This discussion has been closed.