Complicated Sign in Process

Options
rrkessler
rrkessler
Community Member

Hi,
We have version 3 of 1Password and one of our biggest pains is many, many financial sites use some creative techniques for logging in. For example, several have you type in your login, then it counters with an image and phrase and then you type in your password (this doesn't even count it when it asks you for answers to your security questions). 1password works fine for sites where you just do login and pw on the same page but these are just a royal PITB.

So, my question, have you all figured out how to handle these kinds of login sites in version 4 (and thus I should upgrade my family package to this - we have both win, macs, and iphones)?

I must say, other than this, I really love using 1Password.

Thanks.
Bob.
p.s Sorry if this has been answered in the forums before. I couldn't come up with a clever search term to describe this issue that was successful in finding an answer.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I have such a bank site. It requires my username on the first page and once that has been accepted, I'm taken to a second page where I am only supposed to enter my password if I recognize the image.

I handle this with two separate login items, one for the username and the second for the password. The first page fills properly from 1Password, but when there is only a username and no password on a page, 1Password won't auto submit. The second page for me fills and submits.

Here are some directions to help create multipage logins:

How to create multi-page Logins

Hope that helps. The directions seem specific for 1Password 3, but I've used them in version 4 too.

This discussion has been closed.