Sharing Mac and Windows 1Password database when using Parallels?

Options
Clinton Dyches
Clinton Dyches
Community Member

This question may need to go in the Mac forum - I'm not sure so I'm posting on both Mac & Windows. I've been a long-tie Mac user of 1Password but I also run Windows as a VM under Parallels and I've recently downloaded a copy of of 1Password for Windows (which I didn't even know existed!) and I would like to know if it's possible to share the 1Password database with both Windows and my Mac?

I'm sure that this topic has been covered before - before I go ahead and plunk down my money for the Windows version (I'm using it in trial mode now) I would like to see if this is possible.

Thanks,

Clinton

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options

You can Sync your database to a sync folder (Preferences > Sync). The Windows version can read and use this folder, which is the old 1Password.agilekeychain database storage format.

What I'm not perfectly certain about is whether or not there will be any conflicts should both your Mac version and Windows version be open (probably OK) or updating the same card (probably not OK) at the same time.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

Sharing an Agile Keychain in a Parallels VM shared folder between 1Password 4 for Mac (using folder syncing) and 1Password for Windows should work without issues.

This discussion has been closed.