Auto login limitations and support for other suggestions

Options
johnonnote2
johnonnote2
Community Member

v4.0.0b10, Samsung Galaxy Note 2:

Built in browser limitations have been discussed in the past but here's another example:

1. Used URL\Login successfully to sign on to my brokerage account with Firstrade.

2. The popup blocker prevented me from being able to view account statements. I didn't see an option to disable the blocker.

3. The site provides much data from a bottom of the screen subscreen - I'm not a developer so may be using the wrong terminology. Data appears but not all is visible as it is not possible to scroll to the right or zoom out within the subscreen to see all columns. This prevents the use of other site functionality, as well. I'm sure it has to do with site design but other browsers handle it.

4. Back key results in exiting the browser and returning to 1Password, instead of returning to the previous browser screen.

5. The alternative is to copy the password and tap the url to access one of my stand alone browsers. I appreciate this capability but it loses the benefit of auto login - got spoiled using 1Password on the Mac. The ability to use auto login and select from the browser list would be great.

Quick Unlock Code entry keyboard has delete where enter commonly is. This has been mentioned before but it is a nuisance that it is not consistent with the phone's pin entry screen where enter is in the lower right position.

Back key from base Settings, Categories, etc screens results in option to exit 1Password instead of returning to previous screen.

I used the old 1Password reader app for a long time before the beta became available and this is a great improvement. This is the third version of the beta I've been working with and I apologize for not commenting sooner, but I've seen many very fine suggestions from others. Keep up the good work.

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time to write to us to share your thoughts about the beta. I'm happy to hear you're liking the improvements from the 1Password Reader! :)

We understand the limitations of the in-built web view, and it's nowhere close to a native browser like Chrome and Firefox. Our development team is definitely looking to improve the functionality of the the in-built web-view for future updates. In the meantime, you will need to copy & paste for websites like Firstrade and enter your login information in an external browser. I apologize for any inconvenience as I know this manual process is not the best option. We are also looking into making 1Password more universal throughout the OS. Browser plug-ins and an IME implementation have both come up, and are being reviewed by our development team.

We have some major UI changes planned for the lock screen in upcoming beta updates. Keep an eye out for that. :)

Lastly, the action of the back button is currently being discussed with the team. Michael has a great post explaining about the behaviour, so do check out this post for more details.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks again for your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.