Mini only intermittently submits

Options
dfel
dfel
Community Member

When using 1Password4 Mini for Mac (Chrome extension), forms are intermittently submitted automatically. I'm sorry I can't narrow in on the description of this weird issue any further. I have "Automatically submit logins after filling" on browser extensions checked. Am I missing something somewhere else?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dtel,

I'm sorry that autosubmit is working only intermittently for you with the 1Password extension in Chrome.

Which versions of 1Password and its browser extension are you using? Does autosubmit consistently fail with any specific site(s) or is it both succeeding and failing for the same site(s) at different times? Which method(s) of opening and autofilling are you using?

Thanks in advance for that additional information!

• dfel
    dfel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your prompt response.
    I'm currently using Version 4.2.BETA-10 (420010), but this weirdness was also happening with the previous full release.
    The Chrome Extension is version 1Password Beta 4.2.0.12., but also happens with version 4.1.1.90. This issue is the reason I've tried using the Beta releases, but with no differences with regard to my problem. The problem only started with the latest full release.
    The failure seems to be the most consistent with two of my banking websites.
    I haven't paid attention to the times of the failures, but I can.
    I can't actually call this issue a failure; maybe more of a "quirk". Probably something I'm doing wrong.
    I'm not sure I understand the "method" you are asking about, but things always work perfectly when I use the "regular" 1Password login item. And only "burps" when using the 1Password "mini" via the Chrome extension icon.
    Thanks very much.

• dfel
    dfel
    Community Member
    Options

Added note: I've so far been unable to duplicate this "quirk" using Safari, so my guess is this whole issue may likely be with Chrome itself. Second time today I've found something not working as expected while using Chrome (Mac).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dfel,

If you're seeing this issue with a few specific sites, I'd like you to check something for me. Please view each of your banking entries in edit mode and ensure that the 'submit' option is set to 'submit when enabled'.

I'd also like to confirm what you mean by the "regular" login. Here are the ways that you can use 1Password to open a site:

• Double-click the Login item from the main app to open and fill the website in your default browser
    • Use ⌘⌥\ to open 1Password Mini, search for the desired item and hit Enter to open and fill in your browser
    • Open the page you want to log into, use ⌘\ to have 1Password fill your data (or open 1Password Mini if you have multiple Logins for the site)

Are you saying that double-clicking will fill correctly, but accessing the entry via 1Password Mini will not?

If this behaviour is restricted to a few sites, please provide us with some URLs so that we can do some testing on our end.

Thanks so much for your help in tracking this issue down! :)

• dfel
    dfel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,
    All login entries have the submit option set to 'submit when enabled'.
    By "Regular", I mean double-clicking on the Login item from the main app. This method always seems to work correctly.
    Using ⌘⌥\ (and clicking on the toolbar icon) for 1Password Mini fills the data, but only intermittently submits.
    I'm not sure I've ever used the method of opening a page first, then using 1Password to fill in the data.

Again, I'm noticing that this so-called 'intermittent' issue appears to only be happening when using Chrome. Safari seems okay.
    Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dfel,

Thanks for confirming those details for me! Unfortunately, the trouble with intermittent bugs is that they are very hard to track down and fix because they are not reproducible: if our developers can't see the same behaviour, it's often difficult for them to determine just where things are getting messed up. :)

Please keep in mind that if you continue to use the beta version of the extension, our developers are working on a lot of fixes for version 4.2, which means that they might break some things while attempting to fix/improve others. If you do notice that submit is failing on particular sites consistently, please let us know the URLs so we can find a fix!

This discussion has been closed.