Multiple vault support filled my actual vault with demo data [Confirmed, will fix ASAP]

Options
Mike Beasley
Mike Beasley
Community Member
edited March 2014 in iOS

Reproduce:

• Add your primary vault

• Setup a second vault and choose "add demo vault"

• Set Demo to your current vault

• Delete the demo vault while it's active

• The demo info will then be added to your primary vault

At first I thought all my data had been replaced, but then I realized my data was still there and all the demo stuff had been added. The combined vault was then synced to iCloud. Luckily I disabled my Mac syncing before it got over there so I still have a good copy of the vault.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Mike, thanks for the report. I'm afraid I wasn't able to reproduce this; however, it did take me two tries to delete the demo vault. When I finally was able to delete it, though, I didn't see its items added to my primary vault. Let's see if other folks chime in; it would be fantastic to get this reproduced and fixed.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

I am running b40 and have noticed that data from my secondary vaults is starting to merge. I currently have 3 vaults set up, primary, shared, and work. My shared vault has synced all of the entries from my work vault. My primary vault is being synced with iCloud and the two secondary vaults are being synced with Dropbox. The work vault and the primary vaults are correct with the data that they should have. It is just the shared vault that has the extra data in it. This has synced back to my Mac also which is running 4.2.BETA-12.

• rubygrrl42
    rubygrrl42
    Community Member
    Options

Not noticing merged data, but noticed when I deleted a vault, the list didn't update to show it being deleted unless I went out and went back into the vaults list. The deletion actually had taken place, the UI just hadn't updated.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

We have marked the bug on the merging of data as critical, so we'll get that fixed as soon as possible.

@rubygrrl42‌:

The deletion actually had taken place, the UI just hadn't updated.

Correct, there's a missing call to refresh the UI when the vault has been deleted. There's an existing bug report on this, we'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.