Make it possible to hide the default categories on the sidebar [Under consideration]

Options
donnywdavis
donnywdavis
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

Not sure when this happened but just noticed it. When I switched over to one of my other vaults I noticed that there were a few categories showing in the Category list in the sidebar but there are no entries in those categories for this vault. In one vault the credit card and identity categories are showing and another vault the credit card category is showing. No other categories are showing empty like this, just these two.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @donnywdavis‌,

Just to make sure I understand the issue here, it is the fact that empty categories are showing up where they should be hidden or are you saying there are entires in those categories but it is not showing in there?

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MikeT. Yeah, sorry for the confusion. The categories are empty with no entries but they are showing in the sidebar. These are secondary vaults also. My primary vault is fine, of course I have entries in every single category in that vault though lol. In these secondary vaults I don't recall ever having any entries for these two specific categories either so not sure when they showed up like this. I just noticed it today when setting up multiple vaults in the iOS beta.

Also these categories that are empty don't show in iOS 4.5b40 either when the vaults are synced there. It's just on the Mac that I see them and I'm running version 4.2.BETA-12. I have the current MAS version installed also but have not set up any of the vaults on it. I opened it and added one of the secondary vaults and it is doing the same thing. I did experience a crash with the MAS version while setting up the vault, which I submitted a crash report for, so not sure if that is related to what is going on with this.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @donnywdavis‌,

Those four categories are the default categories we show when creating a new vault, they don't hide when there are no items in them. The other categories do.

So, we actually intend it to be like this, to give new folks an idea of how to get started.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Ah gotcha that makes sense. Could it be possible to maybe hide those at some point after the initial setup? Just so that it matches what is shown on iOS, since these are hidden there. Just a thought, thinking out loud. :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @donnywdavis‌,

We've gotten some requests for that and I'll add your vote to the list. So, we'll see what we can do.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Cool beans. Thanks for all of your help Mike. :)

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.