B10: Error Messages during import

Options
daLuiz
daLuiz
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Android

Hi agilebits team,

first: Thanks a lot for adding local folder sync, I can finally use the app :) I like it a lot already!

However, one thing was irritating: During the import of 600something items, several times (maybe 20 or 40) error messages briefly flashed up, so briefly that I could not really read them. After the Import, there are now a total of 566 items, while it showed importing X of 600something (don't rember the exact number) during import. 566 items is actually correct (same amount as in Windows), so I assume nothing is missing, but it is still kind of disturbing. Is it possible to find a log file of the import process to identify the errors? I have root access, if this is needed.

Otherwise, a method to determine the actual number of entries before the import process would be nice, so the counter is correct from the beginning.

Greetings from Germany,
Luiz

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hey @daLuiz! Glad to hear you’re liking the beta, and the new folder sync method. Thank you for joining our beta program, we really appreciate your support.

The beta displays several warnings and error messages that do not affect the user directly. If it’s a critical error, a dialog with the error message will pop up that the user can report. During the initial sync, you will also see messages that indicate it’s downloading files with long filenames. These are most likely your encrypted attachments. However, I completely understand your concern as the log messages you saw are not comforting to the eye. Please expect future beta updates with improvements to these logs.

Unfortunately, your sync logs are not written to a file, so there isn’t a way to view them, even with root access.

The reason why 1Password Beta was downloading more items what’s visible is because there are items that the beta does not display. For example, items that you have deleted on your Mac or Windows go in your Trash. These items are not visible on Android.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.