Upgrade to 1password 4

Options
JackP
JackP
Community Member

I have been using 1password for a while now on both mac and iPhone.
Currently using Mac Version 4.1.2 and iPhone Version 3.7.2.

Firstly its disappointing that the iPhone upgrade requires a fairly expensive new app to be installed. There are also a number of negative reviews on features.

Passwords are hidden until you click reveal
Various Drop-box sync issues
Import from V3 issues
Layout/Appearance not consistent with IOS7

Have these things been fixed yet?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JackP,

I'm sorry that you feel the iOS app is expensive. I'd be happy to talk to you about features here.

Passwords are hidden until you click reveal

You can change this option in Settings > Display. Simply toggle 'Conceal Passwords' to off. :)

Various Drop-box sync issues

Dropbox sync should be working fine. In fact, if Dropbox is your preferred method of sync, you do want to upgrade to 1Password 4 for iOS as soon as possible, as 1Password 3 for iOS is no longer able to sync via Dropbox due to a change in Dropbox's API. (You can read more about that here)

Import from V3 issues

Our developers have been working hard on improving the import from version 3 feature, and users should see improved behaviour there soon. If you're already using 1Password 4 for Mac though, you can easily get your data into 1Password 4 for iOS using Dropbox, iCloud or Wi-Fi sync.

Layout/Appearance not consistent with IOS7

We have a fantastic update for iOS7 coming soon! I can't say much more than that, although you can find out more if you are a newsletter subscriber (http://t.co/EByaQSi5C3) or follower of our blog (http://t.co/NAuxB5uJVJ). :)

• JackP
    JackP
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thank-you for clarifying those things.

Will further app upgrades on either iPhone or mac require a new app purchase? Such as iPhone v3 to v4 upgrade?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JackP,

I'm glad that helped. :) Honestly, we don't yet know how future upgrades to 1Password will be handled yet. We're still working on getting 1Password 4 rolled out across all platforms (Windows and Android are currently undergoing beta testing), so the next major version of 1Password is still far far away.

However, I will mention that the upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 has been the first paid upgrade for 1Password since 2009. Since then we released 66 free upgrades to 1Password 3. These 66 free updates included 738 changes and are detailed in 1Password's release notes. What I hope this shows you is that we really do try to keep paid upgrades as infrequent as possible.

This discussion has been closed.