Stuck and looping Dropbox sync

Options
Bushwhack
Bushwhack
Community Member
edited March 2014 in iOS

After establishing Dropbox sync on Mac beta and iOS betas the iOS versions continually sync in settings with the cog spinning endlessly. Dropbox on Mac keeps notifying me of many changes to files. Several minutes later syncing is still ongoing. Any ideas?

Comments

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    Options

That's what's happening if this helps too. Any troubleshooting tips or anyone else having issues with endless syncing?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Bushwhack‌,

Thanks for reporting this. Did it finish syncing? It sounds like it may be creating conflict files on each item in your data file, which might explain why it may never finish syncing. We've gotten a few reports of this and are investigating this right now.

Can you open the Dropbox folder and go to your .agilekeychain file. Right-click on it to select Open Package Content and then go to the Data > Default folder.

Do you see many (1) in the file names?

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @MikeT‌,

As a matter of fact, i do.
    I also see (2) and some are also tagged with (deleted) followed by an alphanumeric strand.

It never finishes syncing. To the point where Dropbox says it's denying requests or something.

Is that something I should be concerned about with my database internally?

• T_Will
    T_Will
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this is related, but I am seeing multiple "1Password.html" files being created after a change and sync.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ursrul9tt2se96j/multiple1passwordhtml.png

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    Options

@T_Will‌ I haven't seen that in my experience with the bugs I have been encountering so far.

• hch3
    hch3
    Community Member
    Options

I have seen both issues that are being refered to. What I have done is killed the app and then restarted and manually initiated a sync. I will look in my Dropbox folder when I get home to see what files are located in it.

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    Options

The issue I have is Dropbox automatically starts syncing when the app is opened. I can't kill the iOS app and manually do it if it starts automatically endlessly syncing on launch.

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this problem too. There are conflict files in my data file.

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    Options

yeah. sadly this has made the beta completely usable because having the beta open just constantly creates conflicts and then dropbox starts denying requests due to the maxing out of constantly writing to the service i guess.

• hch3
    hch3
    Community Member
    Options

Oh I see. I've had that problem a few times but it doesn't always happen.

• hch3
    hch3
    Community Member
    Options

I also have the conflicting files within my dropbox.

• Thanks for the reports everyone. We are aware of the problems and have been working to get them fixed. We haven't been able to reliably recreate the conflicts problem yet, though we have seen it internally as well. As soon as we've got a fix for it you'll see it in the release notes.

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MrRooni‌
    I'll stick to wifi sync for now.

This discussion has been closed.