Nasty iPad timeout bug - lost generated password

Options
365nice
365nice
Community Member

Just encountered a nasty timeout bug on the iPad. I visited a new site in mobile safari, and needed a password. I copied the site URL, flipped to 1P, entered a new name, pasted the URL, and generated a new password. Copied the new password and flipped back to safari to paste it in. I got involved with the new site and 10 mins later went back to 1P and got the normal login, but when I logged in my new site wasn't there!!!! So yes I forgot to press save, but shouldn't you do that for me? Also, where is the history of that generated password...? Quite nasty I find...

As an aside, I often notice things like this, where the details pane doesn't match the left list pane. It's got better in more recent versions, but I swear there is still an issue

Tim

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tim ( @365nice‌ ),

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've had here. I've brought this issue to our developers' attention and we'll do our best to improve things here in the future.

• 365nice
    365nice
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - I think the use case is a reasonable one although a bit less used. I suspect when the app detects it will terminate or lock - it should have a flag to say that there is a new password and then simply save it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tim ( @365nice ),

You're right, it might be a little used feature, but I sure think it should exist anyway! Losing data is never a good option. :)

This discussion has been closed.