Issue with keyboard navigation in Mini

Options
abhibeckert
abhibeckert
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

Thanks for (finally) updating Mini to support keyboard navigation like it previous versions.

I've found a bug in it, it doesn't work predictably. Some percentage of the time (20% or so?) when I press the down arrow to select the password it selects the wrong thing.

Here's my steps to reproduce:

• press cmd-opt-\ (to open mini)
  • type a search term (eg: "foo"). there must be at least two search results for this to be reproduced.
  • press down arrow, right arrow, down arrow (in rapid succession, speed of the key presses seems to matter)
  • press return to trigger the item with keyboard focus

What should happen: password is copied

What actually happens:

• sometimes the password is copied (correct behaviour)
  • sometimes the username is copied
  • sometimes the website URLs "open and fill" action is triggered

Basically the keyboard focus is unpredictable, it doesn't always start at the same place and jumps around and stuff while you're in the middle of changing the keyboard focus.

Since I often perform the above steps 20 or 30 times in a 5 minute period, almost every day of the week, I have the key presses hardwired into my brain. When it behaves unpredictably that causes serious productivity issues.

PS: this was meant to be a reply to http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/20267/editing-and-navigation-in-1password-mini#latest but that topic seems to have been deleted? Why was it deleted?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abhibeckert,

Thanks for the detailed report about this issue. But first, about your "PS" … :)

That deleted Editing and navigation in 1Password Mini topic, started by @Zev Eisenberg‌, was merged with Changes to 1Password mini in 4.2.BETA-1.

And next …

Which version of 1Password are you having this issue with? Since both of those aforementioned topics were/are in Mac Beta I want to make sure we're discussing the correct one. There are enough changes to 1Password mini between 4.1.2/4.1.3 and 4.2 that it might make a difference.

Finally, for now …

Here's an efficient and reliable method for copying password fields from 1Password mini using the keyboard:

• Open mini using the keyboard shortcut, menu bar icon, or browser toolbar icon.
    • Search for and/or arrow-navigate to a specific item.
    • Press Shift-Command-C to copy that item's password field.
    • Paste somewhere. :)

I hope that's a workaround/solution you can use, regardless of the issue. But once we've got the version information we'll want to file a bug report, if necessary. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.