Invisible Vault!

Options
chadhs
chadhs
Community Member

There is a long post in the iOS section explaining why I had to nuke all items in a shared work vault. After I restored a backup and reshared the folder containing the vault via Dropbox it could be opened and accessed by my co–worker but contained no entries. It did not matter if he quit the share, obliterated his 1Password install and reset everything; it yielded the same result.

Here's the odd part. On a hunch I added something to the notes field and poof an entry reappeared. Then to save time I removed the note and added a tag to that entry. I then dragged all our shared vault contents to that tag and shazaam all the entries appeared for him again.

That scenario seemed a bit "buggy" and I know shared vaults is a new thing so I wanted to pass this along. Thanks and keep up the great work you agile folk you.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @chadhs,

Thanks for the feedback! I am very sorry for trouble here. Like Megan already said, 1Password for iOS doesn't support multiple vaults yet, and trying to use one of your secondary vaults there can cause issues. We're working hard to bring multiple vaults to the iOS app (and other platforms), so hopefully this will no longer be an issue soon. :)

• chadhs
    chadhs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @JasperP‌ but in this instance iOS was merely a reference to the beginning of the story. The behavior here was deleting items from a vault on OS X, then restoring them and resyncing, left another user of that vault with a blank vault no matter what he tried as I noted above. When I made a slight change to all ~33 items in the vault by dragging them to a tag they previously did not have, then they all showed up for him due to the change.

I hope that makes sense when paired with my post above. Thanks much.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chadhs,

In iOS sync error; switched vaults and shook up my world you more recently wrote:

After purging and fiddling I have it all working now.

Sounds good! :)

Are there any remaining issues we can help you with?

• chadhs
    chadhs
    Community Member
    Options

I'm all set now @sjk‌, thanks for checking in.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's excellent, @chadhs. Thank you for checking back to let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.