1Password Mac Client NSWindow Buttons Don't Support Standard Accessibility

Options
Salman
Salman
Community Member

The title bar of the 1Password Mac Client version 4.1.2 is crafted in a non-standard way that prevents my accessibility app from recognizing and intercepting clicks on its minimize and zoom buttons. My application checks to see if the clicked AXUIElementRef is of role kAXButtonRole. If YES, then it checks for its kAXSubroleAttribute and if it equals kAXMinimizeButtonSubrole, then the item is a minimize button.

This works for standard applications but not for 1Password.

From Xcode, launch the Accessibility Inspector app under the Open Developer Tool menu. If you hover the mouse over, say, Finder's minimize button, you will see the hierarchy is constructued differently for it than that of 1Password. Please make the buttons more standard so that my app can work with it.

1Password, I believe, will also not work with the famous Moom window management app for this particular reason. I think I am using identical algorithm to intercept clicks on the title bar buttons (but on the minimize button instead of the zoom button).

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Salman,

Thank you for the thorough report of this problem with standard accessibility usage for the close/minimize/zoom buttons in the 1Password title bar. I've filed it in our system as a bug report and we'll see about getting those buttons to behave normally for accessibility. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.