Changing passwords

Options
sguinness
sguinness
Community Member

How simple is it to change passwords for websites? Each time I log-in to a website the first time after installing 1Password, is it easy to change to a new 1P password from the existing password? I assume that at a websites Change Password page, I would input existing password and then 1P would input the two new matching passwords? I seem to have trouble with iCloud Keychain changing passwords.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sguinness‌,

The best way to change your password for a given website is as follows:

1. Go to the "change password" page of the website (this location depends on the way the website is set up, but it's often under the account settings section).
    2. When you are presented with the fields to change your password, you can click the 1Password extension, and choose the password generator to create a custom random strong password.
    3. Click the Fill button.
    4. After filling it on the webpage, 1Password should then prompt you to update your saved login for this site.

Even if 1Password does not prompt you to update this Login, the fill option in 1Password Mini by default copies the new password onto your clipboard, so all you have to do is edit the existing entry in 1Password and paste the new password into the appropriate place.

I hope this helps! We're here if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.