Attachments are not syncing to iPhone app

Hitesh
Hitesh
Community Member

I have the latest and updated versions of the software on my Mac and on my IOS devices.
I have attached pdf and jpeg images to certain data. These are visible and available on my mac.
Also, all my data is synced through iCloud and dropbox.

However, when I trying accessing the data on my iOS device, I can view all the data but there are no images at all. There are just no attachments at all. I have deleted and reinstalled the app on my iOS device but the problem is still persisting.

It is really important that I have access to the images. That is the primary reason that I had purchased the software.

Can you please help ?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hitesh,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with attachments right now. First of all, I do want to mention that we do not recommend using both iCloud and Dropbox sync at the same time. When we initially released 1Password 4, we had hoped that users would be able to enable multiple sync solutions at once, but we have seen several cases where users ended up with conflicted or merged databases. So, I would suggest picking the sync solution that best fits your needs and using only that.

Now, attachments should sync correctly using either iCloud or Dropbox. Could you please provide me with the version numbers of 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices currently running 1Password? Specific numbers are useful here to ensure that all necessary updates have made it through to your devices, and to help us differentiate between versions of 1Password purchased directly from our website versus versions purchased from the Mac App Store. I'd also like to know how you are syncing your database from your Mac.

The more detail we have about your situation, the more easily we'll be able to find a solution. :)

• timben
    timben
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

In the past few months, I’ve successfully attached “pdf’s” to my 1Password 4 on my iMac, and after a few minutes, those attachments would show up on my iPhone 5 and my iPad Air. I’m running the latest versions of all the software on the above hardware and software (1Password4), but today I’ve tried to “attach” to three different “items” with no luck. The items themselves show up with correct text info, but no attachments show up on either my iPhone or iPad.

I’m also syncing only with iCloud. And I’ve also tried through Wi-Fi sync.

Any suggestions?

• timben
    timben
    Community Member

In the past few months, I’ve successfully attached “pdf’s” to my 1Password 4 on my iMac, and after a few minutes, those attachments would show up on my iPhone 5 and my iPad Air. I’m running the latest versions of all the software on the above hardware and software (1Password4), but today I’ve tried to “attach” to three different new “items” with no luck. The items themselves show up with correct text info that I’ve input on the iMac client, but no attachments show up on either my iPhone or iPad.

I’m also syncing only with iCloud. And I’ve also tried through Wi-Fi sync.

Any suggestions?

(Sorry to repeat myself, but this 1Password4 discussion doesn’t show my original post.)

• timben
    timben
    Community Member

Latest update: I switched from iCloud to DropBox for my 1Password4 syncing as well as my two IOS devices. Attachments now appear on all, and sync properly. Not sure what’s up with iCloud and attachments. My preference--like 1Password support--would be iCloud.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014

Hi @timben,

I'm so sorry to hear you've been having trouble getting attachments to sync up via iCloud. Please note that it is mentioned in our Known Issues that attachments currently do not sync via Wi-Fi, but both iCloud and Dropbox should be able to handle attachments for you.

Since the problem with iCloud is a recent thing, I think resetting sync might be sufficient to get things working again. If you'd like to continue using iCloud sync let's try this:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• timben
    timben
    Community Member

Megan...now that I have it working on DropBox, is there a good reason why I should switch over to iCloud? Is it more secure or ultimately more reliable? Otherwise, it’s just easier to leave it alone. Thanks for you support and quick responses.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @timben,

The differences between iCloud and Dropbox really do come down to personal preference. If Dropbox is working nicely for you, you certainly don't have to switch back. The instructions for switching were included merely because you mentioned that you preferred iCloud.

I'm definitely a big fan of leaving well enough alone. :) If you hit any other snags though, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.