BlackBerry 10

Options
elliott371
elliott371
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Android

I've been using your android beta version of 1password on my BB Z10 since its release, any chance you'll implement a version designed for BBOS devises in the future? It's been working really well on my phone with the exception of the sync with Dropbox function. I'm only able to back up to the SD card at this time. It would be nice to be able to sync with my MAC and my iPad over Dropbox.

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hey @elliott371. Have you tried downloading the official Dropbox app for BlackBerry? Could you confirm if it helps setting up Dropbox sync?

• jrgarrigues
    jrgarrigues
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried using the official DropBox app for BlackBerry on a Z10, but it doesn't work any differently. 1Password still tries to access DropBox via the web page (i.e. 1Pass presents a web page for you to log into DropBox, it doesn't use the native DB app).

• saad
    Options

Thanks @jrgarrigues for confirming the Dropbox app for BlackBerry didn't help. 1Password uses Dropbox's API, so if your device has a Dropbox app capable of handling these API calls, it will be used instead of the web browser. Please give folder sync in 1Password a try and let me know that works.

• jrgarrigues
    jrgarrigues
    Community Member
    Options

@elliott371‌ the Dropbox API is working now on my z10. I had it working on the previous build, but just updated to Build 17 a few minutes ago and it works there too.

• mverde
    Options

I'm including a link to a post in another thread that details the steps that @jrgarrigues‌ followed to get Dropbox syncing on BB10. Thank you for sharing!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

For the record, you can authorise your Dropbox account with the Android version of Dropbox. You can get it from Snap/Google Play or Amazon (I think). You will only need it for the initial authorisation, after that you can delete it. 1Password’s Dropbox sync will continue working without it.

• mverde
    Options

I just want to remind our beta testers that BlackBerry devices are not officially supported by 1Password 4 for Android at this time. Going forward, this means that it is possible that changes that we introduce for Android could break functionality on BlackBerry. If that does happen, we don't want your data to become stranded on your device. Please make sure to sync often and practice good "beta safety"!

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Proud to join the beta team and test how the app works on BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry users are typically very security minded and while the app isn't officially supported, in its current form it is working really well. I'm using Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1052 to test and dropbox sync. I'm hoping to get a Passport and hope that this app will work just as well. I know some people trying to get dropbox sync on the Q10 didn't have enough screen real estate but the passport will have more pixels and a larger size so fingers crossed. New BlackBerry devices are shipping with amazon app store preloaded so if it is possible to place a version of 1password there, blackberry users would be able to purchase it directly! (Along with Kindle owners as well)

If anyone is looking to get started you can download the freemium app from Snap. If you've already used up your 30 day trial you won't be able to purchase since BB10 does not have Google Services. The app would still act as a reader and sync content to the device. If AgileBits puts a version in the Amazon Appstore the Google services requirement would be gone allowing BB10 users to access the premium features if desired. To get dropbox sync working you only need to install the android app. As an alternative you could use the native folders dropbox sync to get the files over.

If you are in the beta I recommend grabbing Dolphin browser as the distribution site doesn't recognize the native browser as belonging to android.

• Thank you for being part of our beta program. We are always happy to hear more about 1Password on BlackBerry devices using the built-in Android emulator. While I am unable to promise Amazon Appstore support, it is something our team has been actively looking into recently and I will pass on your vote for this request. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

Your (agilebits) email said you were considering Google Play for future betas. This would be the end of the line for us testing on BlackBerry 10; so please even if you do move to Google play continue offering the current method! I understand it's hard to say definitively what you will or won't do in the future but this amount of openness in a company I actively support through beta testing and through purchases is awesome. Continue rocking.

• Thank you for your feedback and support @gryan88. I'll definitely pass that information on to our team.

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

I've upgraded my hardware to the Passport and am happy to reply back that the software is working as expected. I did notice today if you accidentally shift to another app after having keyed in your PIN (but before the app unlocks)that the next time you enter into 1password the app is unlocked. Don't know if this is reproduceable on android or if it's possible to change but it is worth noting. Will try variations of this to see if there are timeouts or anything.

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

Tried setting the app to auto lock after 1 minute but that has no effect. If you accidentally leave before the app fully unlocks from a pin code it will be open the next time the app is opened as far as I can tell. The same is not true from a master password entry. That results in a PIN screen if enabled.

• @gryan88‌ Thanks for mentioning this! I will pass this on to our development team for them to look into it further.

• jrgarrigues
    jrgarrigues
    Community Member
    Options

@gryan88‌ - you must have quick fingers to be able to jump into another app that quickly! I was able to reproduce what you've described on my Blackberry z10, but I had to practice first (full disclosure).

@saad - would you add my vote for Amazon AppStore support?

Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving

• @jrgarrigues Consider your vote added, and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

@jrgarrigues
    It was found by mistake. As I entered in the pin I realized I needed something from another window. It's so easy to swipe up and go to another app

• Thanks for reporting this one @gryan88‌. I was able to reproduce this on my Android device but it requires leaving 1Password during the unlock animation. The dev team will continue looking into this further. Let me know if there are any questions.

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

It appears this bug has been squashed with the latest update.

• Thanks for the update @gryan88‌! That's good news. :)

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

For those running a 10.3.1 physical keyboard device, try adding 1password to a keyboard shortcut. I've elected V

• saad
    Options

Awesome to hear you can assign a keyboard shortcut for 1Password! Thanks for sharing. :)

• marczeffren
    marczeffren
    Community Member
    Options

Was able to sync to dropbox today :) and assogned a keyboard shortcut. This will do until a native app is developed :) Thanks!

• Glad to hear that @marczeffren! :)

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

Just a check in to say I've been using the betas and all is well on the BlackBerry front. Currently using ClassicSQC100-2/10.3.1.2582, shame I can't use the custom keyboard (if on a full touch device of course) but I lean towards the physical keys anyways.

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

Oh also to those using the beta when setting up on a 1:1 device you should swipe down from the top and choose the zoomed out view to better see all the options

• saad
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's quite interesting. Thanks for sharing how to achieve the one-to-one screen ratio on a BlackBerry with a smaller display!

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

No problem. You do have to be on a 10.3 and up build for that to work. Really does a lot for app compatibility!

• peri
    Options

Thanks for all the info, @gryan88! I'm sure our BB users will find this quite helpful. :)

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member
    Options

Loving the new material design. Find myself using the inapp browser more and more. Currently on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680

This discussion has been closed.