Trouble with iCloud sync on iPhone

jbraun
jbraun
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

I open 1password on my iPhone
I click settings
The orange syncing icon keeps spinning. Never finishes syncing. Been running for 2 hours.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jbraun,

There is a bug in the current version of 1Password 4 for iOS where the sync icon may continue to spin after a sync has completed. This is a cosmetic bug only and does not mean that your data is not properly syncing. For a more accurate indication of when sync has finished, please look into the Sync Settings, and watch the progress bar.

You'll be happy to know that our developers have squashed this bug for the next version. :)

• jbraun
    jbraun
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

Thanks for you prompt reply. WiFi sync works perfectly. However iCloud sync isn't working. When I click sync within the app it displays "last synced a second ago", however the passwords I entered on my mac book pro don't show up within 1password on my iPhone unless I do a WiFi sync. I do have documents and data selected and 1Password is on within documents and data on my iPhone. Any suggestions?

I noticed that on my iPhone under documents and data it reads "1Password", but on my make under the same heading it reads "1Password mini". Perhaps that has something to do with the issue?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jbraun,

I'm glad to hear that Wi-Fi sync is working well for you! Now, the first thing to check when iCloud is misbehaving is to ensure that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on all devices. (If you're like me and have somehow collected several, this could be where the trouble is coming in.) You're right, Documents and Data does need to be enabled, but the difference in name you see is perfectly fine.

Let's reset sync to see if that gives it a kickstart:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• jbraun
    jbraun
    Community Member

Worked!!! Thanks. Love the program. Superb support and response time .

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jbraun,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad I was able to help.

If you run into any further snags, we're here for you!

• mallbritton
    mallbritton
    Community Member

Thanks for the instructions, Megan. I was having the same trouble after I switched from Dropbox to iCloud syncing and this cleared it up. All my devices appear to be syncing the new passwords now.

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.