Professor Edition

Laura_B
Laura_B
Community Member

Hi,

I am a professor which means that I switch classrooms/computers often. I purchased a license to use on my home computer where it works fine. However, when I was in a classroom and wanted to show my students color codes at a design site, I couldn't remember my password because I am now using 1Password & they are all funky. I logged into Chrome (where I have the mini key installed) hoping to gain access this way. Chrome asked if it could download and install software on the computer. Sadly, the answer was no because our university (and most universities) blocks individual users from installing software on university computers for security purposes. So, in an effort to increase my personal security, I have locked myself out of important sites I need to access at school on shared computers. Any suggestions?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

Do you use Dropbox for syncing? If you do, you can use 1PasswordAnywhere through any web browser. You do need to remember your Dropbox password for that to work, though.

You can read more about 1PasswordAnywhere here.

• Laura_B
    Laura_B
    Community Member

Yes - I do use Dropbox for syncing. Thanks for the link. I'll post another reply after I have read/researched this option. Thanks :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

Hi @Laura_B,

@hawkmoth's suggestion for using 1PasswordAnywhere to access your 1Password data (read-only) at the University is a good one since you're syncing with Dropbox. In addition to the link he posted, the 1PasswordAnywhere guide (originally for 1Password 3 and still applicable for 1Password 4) also has a video.

• Laura_B
    Laura_B
    Community Member

Thanks for this link as well. Since I purchased 1PS4 I didn't see this guide. It will help me to better understand how to use 1PWAnywhere.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome. @Laura_B.

The title of your topic still gives me a chuckle. I hope 1PasswordAnywhere does the job as "1Password for Mac: Professor Edition" for you. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@Laura_B and @sjk - My career also was as a professor. The subject line is probably the reason I looked in.

This discussion has been closed.