Suggestion for 1Password Mini in Menu Bar

Intensity
Intensity
Community Member

What about providing the option to lock the 1Password keychain or the option to lock the user's login session (switch to a locked screen saver) right from the 1Password Mini menu?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Intensity,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! Happily, the feature you're hoping for actually already exists :) Just click on the gear icon (or vault icon if you have multiple vaults enabled) next to the search bar in Mini to bring up the Settings menu. You'll find 'Lock' in the menu there - or you can use Control-Option-Command-L to lock using the keyboard.

• Intensity
    Intensity
    Community Member

Thanks for the feedback. I meant also providing the option to let the user lock their login session altogether. Not just 1Password - but the OS X login session. 1Password's icon is pretty similar to the one that can be enabled through system keychain preferences. The latter puts a keylike symbol at the right side of the menu bar, and then you can choose an option to lock your screen altogether (start screen saver; and require a password). I'd like to see if that functionality can be merged with 1Password, so that the user can have one icon on their menu bar - not two. And it's great that it's possible to lock 1Password through the Mini interface, but I'd suggest having that in the primary dropdown (so that it does not require choosing the gear icon).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Intensity,

Thanks for the followup. I see how you'd like Lock Screen and Lock 1Password in the 1Password mini menu (preferably at the top level), similar to Lock Screen and Lock Keychain in the Keychain Access menu bar status menu. Since alternatives exist for invoking session/screen locking there isn't a pressing need to build that functionality directly into 1Password. But if any non-1Password commands are added then Lock Screen would seem like a top choice to consider. :)

The top level of 1Password mini is designed for focusing on navigation/selection/display of items, plus Password Generator usage. If the Lock command is moved there then someone will wonder why Save new Login, etc., can't also be there. The combination of Option-Command-\ (Show 1Password mini) and Control-Option-Command-L (Lock) keyboard shortcuts is pretty handy. Pun intended? :)

This discussion has been closed.