Erase Data, and WiFi Sync first time - nothing shows up

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
edited April 2014 in iOS

I had to erase my data on the iPad to do a fresh sync (in an attempt to clean-up the Notes duplication problem I reported). Then I go through to process of setting up WiFi sync, indicate I'm not a New User, enter my Master Password when asked, and establish the connection to the Mac and Start the sync process.

But no records appear.

It seems I have to go back into WiFi Sync and start the sync process again.

I try now the same thing on my iPhone, but this time when I go back into try the 2nd sync attempt, the Sync Now button is a Cancel button, so I can't start the sync (and yet have no records).

This process is pretty horrible and terribly convoluted, not to mention buggy as hell (the entire reason I'm doing this is because the sync process keeps spamming my Notes fields with duplicate content).

Comments

• Thanks for the report @MrC and sorry for the trouble you're running into with Wi-Fi sync. I will be sure we have a ticket open for this one in our internal bug tracker.

• dteare
    Options

Thanks @MrC, I tested the new user setup process in the latest beta and it failed for me. I just fixed it on my local machine and will be reviewing the changes with the team today. If all goes well we'll have a new beta with this fix later tonight.

I do want to talk about your duplicated notes content. I thought we had this issue resolved so I'd like to know a bit more about this to see if there's still an issue here or not.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

All better now w/4.5b58. Thanks.

• Excellent!

This discussion has been closed.