iCloud syncing not working [Due to two diff iCloud containers, beta and stable, moved to email]

Options
gabrielvisser
gabrielvisser
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

It seems the beta created a separate vault from the other, regular 1Passwords. Kind of hard to test this way.

Comments

• Good morning @gabrielvisser‌! Thanks for taking the time to write in. Can you let me know the steps you took to get to this point? Particularly from the initial launch of 1Password. Thanks!

• gabrielvisser
    gabrielvisser
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MrRooni‌, sorry for the late reply. I'll reproduce the steps on the latest beta version 4.5B59 (405059):

• Install and launch 1Password
    • Tap "I've used 1Password before"
    • Tap "Sync with iCloud"
    • Continue to receive the following error message:

• Hit "Dismiss it" and "Cancel"
    • Receive the "Data Not Found" message.
    • Go back and tap "Sync with iCloud" again.
    • Receive the message "1Password found existing data in iCloud" and hit "Continue".
    • Enter my Vault password.
    • After which I'm thrown in the app, but with an empty vault:

• Thanks for the steps @gabrielvisser‌, I think I might know what the problem is. The beta releases of the iOS app actually look in a different iCloud container than the retail versions. If you open 1Password on your Mac you can switch it to sync with the beta container in 1Password's preferences:

• gabrielvisser
    gabrielvisser
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @MrRooni‌ thanks for the reply. How do I get that dialogue to appear? Not getting the same options as in your screenshot.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Gabrielvisser,

That's weird, which version of 1Password are you using on your Mac? To find out, go to the 1Password Menu > About 1Password.

Try this:

1. Open 1Password, go to the 1Password Menu and hold the Control key to select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    2. Reopen 1Password and see if the iCloud sync now shows the iOS beta container.
  • gabrielvisser
    gabrielvisser
    Community Member
    Options

I tried your steps but I'm still seeing the same UI, @MikeT‌. Running 1Password 4.1.2 from the Mac App Store.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @gabrielvisser‌,

Try this:

1. Open 1Password on the iOS device, proceed as a new user but use the master password to match the master password you use on the Mac.
    2. Go to Settings > Sync, and turn on iCloud, it shouldn't find any data but it will let you create new data.
    3. Wait about 10-20 minutes for iCloud to sync some files we need that will let 1Password know there's a beta container

If everything went well here, then open 1Password again, and see if the option shows up in iCloud sync now.

• gabrielvisser
    gabrielvisser
    Community Member
    Options

Sadly, still not working. Looks like there are two databases active now. One that syncs through iCloud with my Mac and old iPhone version and a new one that's only available in the beta. No way to switch.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @gabrielvisser‌,

In that case, we need to clean that up, and we'll do that privately via email because we need to first see your configurations on the Mac and iOS devices. Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report to support+forum@agilebits with a link to this guide. The link is important, so we don't go back and forth, and lets the team know what we've done already.

Thanks!

• gabrielvisser
    gabrielvisser
    Community Member
    Options

Sent! Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @gabrielvisser‌,

I found your email and replied there. I'll close this thread, so that we can communicate via emails instead of talking in two different places.

This discussion has been closed.