Safari 7.0.3 update not verified in OSX Mavericks [Solution: Configure Sophos]

Options
1Chad_Veach
1Chad_Veach
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Just updated to Safari 7.0.3 and tried to fill item from 1Password 4, but got this message "Cannot Fill Item in Safari - Safari is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved."

Any help out there on a fix (other than disabling verifications)?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @1Chad_Veach,

I'm sorry that 1Password is having trouble with the Safari code signature verification since updating it to 7.0.3. Have you tried filling with the 1Password extension in any other browser?

If you're running Sophos antivirus software, please double-check to make sure it's properly configured to allow local connections so 1Password filling will work:

Configuring Sophos

Also restart 1Password mini in addition to restarting your browser(s).

We've seen cases where the Sophos configuration has been unexpectedly reset.

If that doesn't help, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• MacDude
    MacDude
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having trouble too. I get the "code signature could not be verified" error. I am using Safari 7.0.3 (9537.75.14) and the 4.1.0 version of the extension. this is with 1Password 4.3 (430017) installed.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MacDude,

I've moved your post into a more related topic with suggestions for how to handle this problem. Please let us know if that helps. :)

• MacDude
    MacDude
    Community Member
    Options

Yep Yep. It works again. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MacDude,

On behalf of @sjk, thanks for letting us know that you're all sorted out! If you have any further questions, we're here to help. :)

• cgarch
    cgarch
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Having a similar problem with Safari 7.0.3. If 'Verify Browser Code Signature" is checked on, 1PW4 gives an error message "web browser is connected but its code signature could not be verified . . . "
    viewing the troubleshooting guide suggests the problem resides primarily with Chrome but now it seems this version of Safari is causing problems. OSX 10.9.3 btw. Having to uncheck that box . . thx

edit: had installed the update (10.9.3, Safari 7.0.3 and iTunes 11.2.1) Thursday or Friday, but this problem didn't creep in until Monday evening. First saw it on the wife's Air and thought it was odd. Then it happened to me today. Nothing I know of changed on the machine overnight.

• Maximillian Yang
    Maximillian Yang
    Community Member
    Options

Using 1Password 4.4
    Safari 7.03
    OS 10.9.3

For some reason the keyboard shortcut Command-\ does not seem to be working anymore and 1Password mini shows Add Safari Extension... on the top line of the menu. I'm not sure if this is a problem related to the recent iTunes update? (shouldn't really have anything to do with Safari right?). I also just started using CleanMyMac app, so I don't know if it erased some file used by 1Password.
    The problem existed before I updated to 10.9.3.
    I tried unistalling the safari extension and reinstalling. I tried changing the keyboard combination. Neither seemed to have helped. Of note: I did get an error message that browser code was not verified before this problem started and then just turned off browser code verification in the 1Password preferences. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this?

Is there a good way to completely uninstall and reinstall 1Password?

Thanks,
    Max

• ccflier
    ccflier
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1Chad_Veach... Your fix explanation was straight forward and easy to implement. Very much appreciated. Good support!

• btn
    btn
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem since upgrading to 10.9.3. I solved the browser code verification issue by disabling the preference, but I can't get the keyboard shortcut to work in Safari. Uninstalling and reinstalling the 1Password extension for Safari did not work.

• btn
    btn
    Community Member
    Options

And I found a solution that worked for me – http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/115015/#Comment_115015

Reconfiguring Sophos so it doesn't block 1Password restored my ability to use 1PW's keyboard shortcut in Safari, and also reenable code verification in 1PW's advanced preferences – http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/sophos.html

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cgarch,

I've moved your post into this related topic. Please let us if any suggestions here help you resolve the problem. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Maximillian,

I've merged your post with an existing discussion that should help - thanks @btn for linking to it, I'm so glad that it solved things for you! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

For additional information about handling this issue please refer to @Jasper's post (#33) here:

Cannot fill due to code signature verification

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.