B56 - Impossible to unlock app to secondary vault [Current known limitation, will revisit later]

Options
Mike Beasley
Mike Beasley
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

On the Mac you can switch vaults from the 1Password menu without having to enter a master password. On the iPhone version, no matter what vault is active when you quit the app, you have to enter your primary vault's master password in order to unlock the app and switch vaults.

Easiest way to resolve this, I think, is to have a button on the unlock screen for switching to a different vault. Would make the most sense, especially for users who use separate vaults to store separate login data for separate users.

Comments

• Anton Von Sierakowski
    Options

I have two vaults in B56 and get a slightly different experaince. I boot in the default vault (as expected) but can swap to the second vault without having to re-enter a password. However your suggestion of having a choice of which vault to open is a good idea.

• Mike Beasley
    Mike Beasley
    Community Member
    Options

Right, the flow you're describing is the current behavior, but it requires anyone using the device to have the primary password in order to get to a secondary vault when the device owner may only want them accessing the secondary vault without having access to the primary vault. Seems like a security thing to me.

• Thanks for the feedback, gents. I will open an issue for this one in our bug tracker and we'll discuss it as a team. If we do decide to go ahead with an idea like this it unfortunately won't make the 4.5 release. Keep the great thoughts coming!

• FreemanD
    FreemanD
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this.
    critical for vault sharing to work for our household would be for my daughter to be able to login to a secondary vault by default (and not need to use the master password)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I am all for this one as well. It would actually make things easier for me, and the family.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

Thanks for your votes, we really appreciate it.

I'd love for us to do this as well, especially when unlocking the demo vault directly to show off to friends or do testing.

I've added your votes to our tracker on this.

This discussion has been closed.