Reused deleted tag not visible in sidebar

Options
Teethgrinder
Teethgrinder
Community Member

Hi folks, I am a new user of 1Password 4.2.2 on OS X Mavericks, and I am experiencing an odd behaviour in the app.

While organising my items I added a tag to a couple of them, and deleted the tag from the sidebar a while later. The next day I changed my mind and reused the same tag on those items. However, the reused tag doesn't show up in the sidebar. Locking or restarting the app doesn't solve the issue. Other new tags display without problems, but it seems that once a tag has been deleted from the sidebar it never returns. I found an earlier report on this issue, but this went unanswered. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your time and for making a great app.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there, @Teethgrinder. Thanks for the kind words!

With 4.2.2, I can reproduce this bug with tags not reappearing in the sidebar after deleting and recreating them. It's filed in our tracker and I've noted your report of it there, too. However, I'm unable to reproduce it with 4.3.BETA-9 so there's been progress made fixing it.

No wrongdoing of yours. :)

• Teethgrinder
    Teethgrinder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk, thanks for the quick reply. I'm pleased to hear it appears to be fixed in the next version. Keep up the good work!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Teethgrinder,

Thanks for the kind words, and your patience as we work to get the fix version polished up and ready for you. :)

• Teethgrinder
    Teethgrinder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi folks, I'm sorry to say that the bug still appears to be present after installing version 4.3. Is this a case of the fix not being ready in time for this version, or is there a different reason?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Teethgrinder,

This bug hasn't been fully fixed with the 4.3 update. Is there any difference if you restart 1Password mini before reusing a previously removed tag?

• Teethgrinder
    Teethgrinder
    Community Member
    Options

I've restarted 1Password mini, and it does indeed make a difference as previously deleted tags now become visible in the sidebar again. It's not a permanent fix, but this will do nicely as a workaround. I know it's only a minor inconvenience, but it would be nice to get a full fix for this bug in a future version.

Thanks for your help, @sjk, it's much appreciated.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @Teethgrinder. I'm glad the mini restart is a working workaround for you. :)

This bug is on the developer radar to be fully fixed.

This discussion has been closed.