Forum Over Capacity [should be fixed now]

RichardPayne
RichardPayne
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Lounge

The forum keeps throwing "over-bandwidth" errors. The page reloads immediately so the I suspect the error is incorrect.
What's going on?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Will investigate. Thanks for reporting!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Just saw the same thing.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Are you seeing an "over capacity" error? I just saw one of those. That should be temporary.

Or are you seeing an "over bandwidth" error?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

I'm fairly sure I saw a couple of over capacity errors, not specifically bandwidth. Alas, I did not capture the screens.

Edit: Well, how about that. When I left this post to look at the rest of the forums I follow, I received another notice like I saw before. It definitely was over capacity, and I did take a screen shot. It you want to see it, let me know, but I'm betting you don't.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Mine might have been. I can't remember.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member

I'm seeing "Over Capacity."

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

We're working to get this resolved. Thanks, everyone, for following up on this. :)

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member

I just got the over capacity screen when trying to access this post, odd coincidence.

• Vanilla has been notified, and they are working to get this resolved. :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I appreciate this has been noted and is being worked on but I've had it repeatedly all day. For some mysterious reason it seems to happen more often if I return to a previous screen using Cmd + left arrow than if I use the back button on Firefox. The actual message is:

"We're over capacity

Please wait a moment and try again

Why am I seeing this?

We're experiencing unexpected load and are unable to service this request right now. Please check back in a few minutes, or visit our Service Status for more information."

No need to acknowledge this: I just thought the actual message might be useful!

Stephen

• Thanks Stephen. Myself and the team have all been repeatedly getting the error as well. Hopefully Vanilla will have a solution soon.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

The over capacity screens seem to getting more frequent, not less. I just got one when I tried to post this report. Seems rather ironic.

• Hi guys,

Vanilla has moved our forum over to new server infrastructure, so this should be fixed now. Let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Yesterday was a nightmare :) but no problems at all so far today. It looks as though the problem may indeed be fixed.

Stephen

• no problems at all so far today. It looks as though the problem may indeed be fixed.

Awesome! :-bd

• revenkyte
    revenkyte
    Community Member

Saw the same thing as well. Quite odd.

• Hi @revenkyte,

Are you still seeing an Over Capacity error? I haven't seen one since Vanilla said it was fixed.

This discussion has been closed.