Feature Request: Heartbleed "change your password" audit tool

Options
13»

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @slvrstn,

If you click on the Watchtower on the sidebar, it should tell you that you need to enable Watchtower first. You can click the Enable button there or you can go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Watchtower to enable it:

Here is the bug, once you check the box, it'll look like it'll change back to unchecked. Ignore it and close the Preferences window. Now, click on the Watchtower on the sidebar, it should start populating it with data.

It'll stay enabled until you quit 1Password mini. We'll get this fixed in the next beta update.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@slvrstn‌, if you're using 4.3.1.BETA-1 you have to go to 1P4 > Preferences > Watchtower to enable Watchtower. However, the bug Mike mentioned may prevent you from enabling it just at the moment.

Stephen

• slvrstn
    slvrstn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @MikeT and @Stephen_C‌
    Yeah, clicking on the icon did nothing. I thought I had looked in Preferences, but must have missed it.
    So, I went back in and was able to enable it briefly, which populated the group, but due to the bug, I didn't see the feedback I was expecting.
    I'll wait for the update. Thanks.

• markballou
    markballou
    Community Member
    Options

I like the transparency guys.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Regarding Watchtower :
    Can it alert only websites ( That need to change passwords ) BUT if I change passwords in these sites after website security update then no alert is needed ( as I don't need to change again )
    Hoping that I explain myself property.

• Naldo
    Naldo
    Community Member
    Options

Checking the new Watchtower out i found the following. it advices me to change my google.com passwords. I went to the agilebits site and checked the google.com in watchtower there. It showed me that the certificates are from 9 april and that i have to change my passwords if they are from before that date. I have changed my passwords on the 11th april so i didn't expect to see the google.com in the new watchtower part in 1password under the change password. Hope it makes sense.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Using the integrated Watchtower I get a list of logins that require the password to be changed. Cool.

I changed a password for a login to "Site A", updating the new password into 1Password application.

I checked that the new login worked on "Site A".

I logged out / shutdown the 1P application.

I re-started 1P, entered the master password and checked that integrated watchtower recognises that "Site A" is OK now. It does not. It still reports that "Site A" password needs to be changed.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Super valuable feedback, folks! So we don't lose any of it, can you be sure to post beta feedback (including the new 1Password Watchtower integration that just debuted in 4.3.1.BETA-1) in the 1Password for Mac Beta category as separate threads for each issue? I was going to move your posts, but I didn't want to confuse anyone following this discussion.

Now that 1Password Watchtower integration is available in 1Password (in beta) that's the best way to keep up with things. I'm going to close this thread since the feature request has been completed. Now we iterate making use of valuable feedback from you all. :)

UPDATE: @toasted, @Naldo‌, and @ronen‌, I have filed this issue. Thank you for reporting this extremely important one!

This discussion has been closed.