The Save Login choice has no effect with Safari

Options
nicotls31
nicotls31
Community Member

Hello, since my update from Version 3 to Version 4 for Mac, I have this trouble.
The Save Login choice in the "Gear" Menu doesn't have any effect with Safari. Nothing happens!
Even with the Auto Login enabled, no window to save the new login.

The Chrome extension works correctly.

I tried to delete the 1password safari extension, download the safari up to date extension, reinstall the extension, several times without any success.

Any help? Thanks.

Using Safari Version 7.0.3 (9537.75.14)
1 Password 4 Version 4.1.2 (412009)
Extension 4.1.0

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @nicotls31,

Other than the Save new Login option, does the Safari extension work correctly? Are you able to fill logins, etc?

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem with Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I discovered this problem when I tried to "Save new Login" for a multi-page website using these instructions: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/saving-logins-manually.html

When I click "Save new Login", 1PW does not pop-up the "Save this Login in 1Password" window. The pop-ups in the attached file just disappear.

I use Vaults, Mavericks, Safari 7.0.3 (9537.75.14), 1 Password 4 Version 4.1.2 (412009), Extension 4.1.0.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @jmb679,

Before clicking Save new Login, do you have information entered in the login form on the current page?

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, but the website has a "Remember me" checkbox. So, I unchecked it, logged in, logged out and followed the "Save new Login" steps. Now, it works!! Thanks.

• Jasper
    Options

I'm glad to hear that it's working now! :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help!

• nicotls31
    nicotls31
    Community Member
    Options

Hi JasperP,
    thank you so much for your help.
    It seems to depend of the website.
    On new website, it works fine. On the websites for which I already have a login, I had troubles. But I followed the advice of jmb679, and unmarked "Remember me". Seems to be the answer.

• Jasper
    Options

I'm glad it's working now. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• simsong
    simsong
    Community Member
    Options

I find the whole interface very confusing. I want to be able to save the login AFTER I log in, not when the form is filled, as this is the way it works normally...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @simsong,

I'm sorry that you find the interface confusing. Generally, the 1Password 'Save new Login' pop-up will appear after you have logged in to allow you to save a new Login based on the information that you have just filled.

However, the Save a New Login Manually instructions can come in handy when you need to update a Login, or in those rare cases where 1Password doesn't detect that a new Login has been filled.

Please let me know how I can help make this less confusing for you!

This discussion has been closed.