Can't log into Ameriprise

Options
drschwartz
drschwartz
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Clicking on this URL to open & fill doesn't work for some reason. Logging into the site while pasting in the password manually after copying from 1Password works. Any ideas why this might be?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Could you please try saving a new login manually for that site and see if that helps:

Saving a new Login manually

• drschwartz
    drschwartz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks but that has the same result.

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry that you're still having troubles on this site, @drschwartz‌. It doesn't help you directly to know that I have a Logins item for Ameriprise that works just fine: its Web form details has the fields password and username, and the item uses the exact same URL as you are trying.

So it's diagnostics mode time. When you use your Ameriprise Logins item what exactly happens? Is the username and password filled, the form submitted, and then Ameriprise complains about something? Or does only one piece of data get filled? If you temporarily turn off auto-submit does the item behave better?

You may also be seeing the impact of a "too long password". Ameriprise allows only 16 characters so if your item has more the site will get thrown off when you fill using 1Password but by pasting it yourself the value gets truncated to the maximum length. If this is happening to you, first try editing the item to the first 16 characters of the current password and see what happens.

Let us know how it goes!

[Moderators: can someone please edit the title of this thread to reflect Ameriprise as the site? Thanks!]

• MikeT
    Options

@MartyS,

The title looks to be updated now.

• drschwartz
    drschwartz
    Community Member
    Options

I apparently had two different Ameriprise records and found that one works so I'm fine. Thanks for the support....

• Jasper
    Options

I'm glad to hear it's working now! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.