Trouble getting started with 1Password 4

Options
patpen
patpen
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

I downloaded a few days ago from the website. It's on my computer but will not log me in to the the 2 sites it's set up for (and if I log in myself, the OLD passwords still work!!!) and also it is not offering to learn most other logins I've done. I have 4.2.2 for Mac and the 4.2 extensions. I can't ask questions very intelligently because I'm a total newbie to this, but it just doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Am I going to have to go to every web site where I have a password in order to get them into 1Password?
btw, when I hit "download" I expected to be taken to a page where I would pay, but it didn't do so. Just put the program on my computer. I want to put the program on my iOS devices but not until I can get it working. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW comes with a free trial period, so it doesn't send you to a payment page. When you want to buy, go to the Store link on the website.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have a look at the experience guide in the knowledge base, which will help you learn the basics of 1P4. After you've read that post back if you still have problems.

By the way, you need to buy the iOS version of 1P4 from the app store if you want 1P4 on your iOS devices.

Stephen

• patpen
    patpen
    Community Member
    Options

Before I ever posted I tried to trouble-shoot by reading instructions and experience guide (not all, of course) but if nothing is working, you can't really learn. So far no one (from AgileBits) has addressed the "not working" problems. Would so appreciate those issues being addressed so I can know whether to proceed or just give up. Thanks.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @patpen,

It's on my computer but will not log me in to the the 2 sites it's set up for (and if I log in myself, the OLD passwords still work!!!)

What exactly isn't working? Is 1Password not filling the login into the form? Or is the website not accepting the password filled by 1Password?

Am I going to have to go to every web site where I have a password in order to get them into 1Password?

All your login information will need to be entered into 1Password. While you can manually enter the information into 1Password, the browser extension can automatically save the your logins as you visit web sites. This process is described in the 1Password 4 Basics section of the getting started guide that Stephen linked to above.

Also, please ensure Automatically ask to save new Logins is checked under Preferences > Browser if you'd like to be asked to save new logins as you go.

btw, when I hit "download" I expected to be taken to a page where I would pay, but it didn't do so. Just put the program on my computer.

We have a 30 day free trial available, which is what you downloaded. If you'd like to purchase 1Password, you can do so at our store: https://agilebits.com/store

I want to put the program on my iOS devices but not until I can get it working.

You can purchase 1Password for iOS here: http://j.mp/1PasCS

This discussion has been closed.