Logging in problems across MacBook and OSX [moved to email]

Options
nicknock
nicknock
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hi everyone. I have installed 1Password on both my MacBookPro and my desktop, both running Mavericks. They seem to be talking to each other, and I can see the same website info in both 1Password menus. But it's not logging me into websites on the MacBook where it's working fine on the desktop. Hope someone knows what I'm talking about :-/

Thanks, Nicknock

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Not entering the login info at all, or entering it but not submitting it? If the latter, check your preferences. You may have it set not to auto-submit,

• nicknock
    nicknock
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me. Not entering the login info at all - preferences are set to auto-submit. And when I try to copy and past the info it says the password appears to be invalid, even though it works fine on the other Mac.

• nicknock
    nicknock
    Community Member
    Options

I think the problem may be that in fact the MacBook isn't communicating properly with the Mac. I just changed a password on the Mac and it wasn't reflected on the laptop. How do I make the two sync?

Did I make that bad-tempered icon?! Didn't mean to.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @nicknock,

What type of syncing are you using? Dropbox? iCloud?

Could you also go to 1Password 4 > Preferences... > Sync and check that syncing is enabled on both Macs?

• nicknock
    nicknock
    Community Member
    Options

Hi JasperP.

Syncing is enabled on both, and in fact some things I can see are syncing - I set up a new login on the mac and I can see it on the laptop - but it just won't log in.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @nicknock,

I'm a bit confused here. Is 1Password syncing between the two computers? Is it just auto-fill in the browser not working on the laptop?

• nicknock
    nicknock
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper. Sorry to confuse - it's my imperfect understanding of what I'm doing. I think that yes, it is syncing between the computers and perhaps it is the auto-fill on the laptop that's causing the problem.

• Jasper
    Options

So we can investigate further, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your laptop, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• nicknock
    nicknock
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks JasperP - I've just sent a diagnostic report, as you requested...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nicknock,

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with more help to resolve this problem.

This discussion has been closed.