1Password failed to connect to 1Password Mini

Options
dtomack
dtomack
Community Member

A week or so ago (I believe), I started receiving this error "1Password failed to connect to 1Password Mini" when I attempt to launch 1Password 4 on my Mac.

On this Macbook, I have two independent log-in accounts from which I run 1Password, and I have 1Password synchronize locally only to keep the account databases in sync. And I use wifi sync to sync my ipad and iPhone. This has worked fine for months. I believe the break happened after my last update of 1Password.

1Password runs fine in one account (darin) -- the one I believe I did the update of 1Password in, and fails in the other (dct)

I have already generated a troubleshooting report.

Any help in getting 1Password back up and running in the dct account would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Darin

Comments

• dtomack
    dtomack
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I no longer need help. I dug around a bit and found a comment from macmedix here (http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/22561/can-t-open-1password-failed-to-connect-to-1password-mini) that indicates that tightening up security in the mac Keychain to "Require for all certificates" apparently breaks 1Password. Like macmedix, I made this change after heartbleed to try to ensure that my browsers would ensure that certs had not been revoked.

I did not see any info the troubleshooting report indicating any issue with the keychain.

Anyway, thank you, I think I'm good to go now.

• Great to hear! Thank you for posting an update!

• dtomack
    dtomack
    Community Member
    Options

Just a thought, but you might want to add this info the knowlegebase search -- that 1Password will not be able to connect to 1Password Mini if this change is made to the keychain policy.

Alternatively, it would be great if 1Password were immune to such changes.

Thank you,
    Darin

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, Darin! :)

This discussion has been closed.