Conflicted contents.js?

Options
JustinBull
JustinBull
Community Member

Hi,

I've been having trouble getting all of my devices sync'd with 1Password and Dropbox.

I have:

1. A home iMac
  2. A personal laptop
  3. A work laptop

I've changed some passwords on my iMac but don't see them updated on other devices.

I started poking around and discovered that there are two contents.js files in my Dropbox folder:

• contents.js
  • contents (iMac's conflicted copy 2014-06-16).js

Running a diff between the two revealed items that I noticed aren't sync'd properly between the machines.

How do I merge them all or rectify this unsync'd situation?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @JustinBull,

We should be able to get this straightened out by simply resetting sync:

• On the Macs, open 1Password 4 for Mac, go to File > Backup and run a backup, just in case.

• Click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart your Macs.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the first Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• On the other Macs, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select the 1Password.agilekeychain inside the 1Password folder. 1Password will offer to merge the data for you.

Please let me know if this works! :)

• JustinBull
    JustinBull
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @JasperP‌,

So I've done what you said, and I think it's worked. However I noticed that since some passwords were changed on some machines and some on others, there are conflicts on the entires now:

Is there a tool or option in 1Password that shows me all of the conflicting entries so I can resolve them? Right now I have no idea how many are conflicted. If there is no way to display just the conflicting items, I'd like to formally request that as a feature.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Click on the search drop down, choose Show Search Options and click on the first box in the second line to choose Conflict fields. The other boxes on that line fill in automatically "are present".

Stephen

• JustinBull
    JustinBull
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C‌ Thanks for that!

But I found a bug:

When I see the filtered list of conflicts only, and I edit one & save it, the list updates to showing all of my items despite having the filter/search header present. I have to click the Search "All Items" dropdown and re-select the "All Items" item to "refresh" the list back to the filtered state.

I have a video demonstrating the bug if the above description isn't sufficient. I can PM it to @JasperP‌ or someone else on the dev team if needed.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@JustinBull‌ I think something very similar has already been reported (the effective failure of search to refresh until you set it up again manually) but don't just at this moment have time to construct a search of the forums to find it! I've no doubt someone from AgileBits will pick this up anyway.

Stephen

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @JustinBull,

Thanks for the report (and the video)! I wasn't able to find that bug anywhere in our issue tracker, so I've just filed a report now.

A good workaround is to save the search as a smart folder. That will work much better if you're editing lots of items within the search.

This discussion has been closed.