Internal web browser

nextgear
nextgear
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Android

Hi
Device nexus 5
Version 4.0.0b14

Some issue on internal web browser, login are often wrong and after a couple of times the page rendering fail and show a blank web page

Comments

• saad
    edited April 2014

Hi @nextgear‌! Could you let us know what websites are displaying blank web pages? As for login filling, the internal browser requires you have the direct URL to the sign in page. Could you confirm if you're still experiencing issues with direct URLs to the login form?

There are a lot of improvements coming to the internal browser, so keep an eye out for updates. Thanks so much for your feedback!

• wusyc
    wusyc
    Community Member

Internal browser does not allow shrinking like Chrome or device's internal browser. I need to scroll around the web page to read - very inconvenient.

• @wusyc‌ We made a number of improvements to the browsing experience in beta 16, however, zoom wasn't one of those improvements. We definitely want you to have a better browsing experience that that. I will add this to our development team's to do list.

• nasaby
    nasaby
    Community Member

Just wanted to add my name to the list of users who would like to be able to zoom in the browser. I can't use it as it is. The text is too small (and this is on a Galaxy S4).

• Mobile browsing without zoom is definitely a sub-par experience. You can expect this to be fixed shortly. Thanks for the feedback!

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member

"As for login filling, the internal browser requires you have the direct URL to the sign in page..."

Sorry, but I'm not finding an answer to this on the beta forum. For multi-step logins where the username is entered on the main web page and the password is requested on a different, third-party page, the key icon is inactive. For the Android version, is the key icon supposed to launch any kind of menu to select a category (as with Mac version)?

Also, is there any kind of documentation available for the beta version? That would help immensely and would give you a chance to test that too.

• Tapping the key button will bring up a menu listing all of the login items that the built-in browser recognizes as being associated with that URL. We are continuing to build out this feature on Android, so it is entirely possible that multi-step login URLs are not being correctly detected at this point. If you are comfortable sharing the URL, I could add it to our list of sites to test using the built-in browser.

As far as documentation goes, the help item in the overflow menu now points to our currently bare documentation. We are in the process of creating new documentation for Android though, so more should appear here shortly.

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member

mverde,

In my case the initial URL requests the username then launches another, totally different URL. I use several banking sites that do this. In the Mac version I can add the secondary URL and that site will be listed in the Safari Extension menu. I just noticed that the secondary URL is not listed in the Android category item display window which explains why it's not used.

Version 4.0.0b18 (Build 20140513) Droid Razr M Android 4.1.2

• @ag1pwun Yes, that makes sense. We haven't yet implemented support for multiple URLs in the Android app. I will pass on a vote from you for this feature to our development team. Thanks for the continued feedback!

This discussion has been closed.